Cⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ Oⓝⓔ

Beth's POV
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
Pⓡⓔⓢⓔⓝⓣ ⓣⓘⓜⓔ:

Don't let me watch . This is just too painful to even think about. I think just as Lucas is jumping out of the helicopter, to the deep blue water. See, you wouldn't understand unless you were there on that faithful yet strange day........

3 Dⓐⓨⓢ Bⓔⓕⓞⓡⓔ

So here I am, climbing down a cliff with nothing but a few body pads and a helmet. Yeah, this is the life. I look down for a moment and wonder what it would be like to fall down into an imminent death. Would I scream? Would my life flash before my eyes, like so many believe? Would I wonder if I completed my life purpose?

The answer to those questions: no. I wouldn't scream because, why let such an agonizing noise be the last thing coming from your lips? My life wouldn't flash before my eyes either, or so I think. I mean why think about life at the end of your life, you know? Oh, and of course I would not think about the fulfilment of my life's purpose. I mean come on! I'm on a CLIFF, best view my eyes have ever set sight on, and on the best day of my life no less. Finally reaching the top I heave a loud sigh. Thank You Jesus!

"Beth get down here!"

Looking down I see my best friend\coworker.

"Move it or I'm leaving you! We're going to be late hurry up!"

I roll my eyes at his exaggeration. Typical Lucas. Little baby. He acts as if it's his sister getting married in 3 hours.

"Yes sir!" I mock solute "Don't get your panties in a twist , sir"

This is why he never drives when I invite him to these types of things. To anything actually. Besides he can't leave anyways, I have my keys. Making my way down I really start thinking what it would be like to get rides from him. It gives me chills just thinking it.

A sharp whistle catches my attention, making me realize that I only lack a couple yards to go.

"Andale Fea! Apurate!"

Quickly scurrying down, I come face to face with Lucas Ezequiel Costas. Leaning up I give him a kiss on the cheek, grinning like a goof.

"Now, now Lu no need to be jealous of my mad skills. Green isn't your color, Darling."

Shaking his head he walks of, but not before shooting me a playful glare. I love teasing him! I also love that our relationship is all fun and games. Yet we are completely honest with one another. We know each other inside and out. Our likes our dislikes, you know typical friend stuff.

"Look Fea, if you don't hurry up I'm going to hot wire your truck and leave you here."

"No créo que seas capas Malo." I retort rolling my eyes at his obvious bluff. "Besides, it's MY sister's wedding. Why would I be late to that?"

Getting in the truck I realize that I left Lucas with all of the equipment. Smirking to myself, I sit back and relax listening to my favorite CD. As I'm singing along to the chorus of the current song he gets in the truck. I can feel his glare on me, but ignore him anyway. Enjoying the small victory of mine, I start the car and drive off.

"You just love being impossible, don't you?" He groans dramatically, running his hands through his hair.

"I am not impossible! I just wanted you to feel involved so you wouldn't be jealous."

Scoffing he mumbles something incoherent.

"Look Lu, no need to thank me, just doing my friendly duties. I mean sure your the only one of my friends I do them on. Just think of yourself as my Special-Very-Loved Guy Friend of Mine."

I park just outside the venue, looking at Lucas I give him my most winning smile. I see him hiding his own smile from showing, so I just get out grabbing my stuff from the back. Walking over to Lucas I see that he has an evil look in his eye.

"Okay, whatever you say Beth, but next time you're on equipment duty."

"Hey Lu, guess what?"

"What?" He looks at my innocent look suspiciously.

"Truth or dare?" I challenge looking him in the eyes. I already know his answer, it's been the same for five years.

You see, when Lu and I became friends we didn't want just any regular old friendship. We wanted our own thing, so this is what we came up with. Our own little tradition of Truth or Dare. There are five rules to this game, break one and you get automatic disqualification, and the other player gets the prize.
====================
The rules are:
1. If a dare is not completed then the player is punished with another dare given by the other player that must be completed or immediate disqualification is given
2. If a player gets severely hurt during a dare there is no do-over. The game is to end immediately with neither player the winner.
3. Any dare that can cause any person physical/emotional harm is not to be accepted.
4. The player that loses first is to be the winner's helper for a year. Doing anything the winner may ask of them.
5. Under no circumstances may a player complete a dare on a Sunday. If they do the other player automatically wins.
====================
"You know my answer, just get it over with, no games. We have two and a half hours to get ready, and I don't think Maggie will be too happy with you looking like that."

Looking down I realize that he has a point. I'm covered from head to toe in dirt. Sticking my tongue out at him I finally answer.

"I dare you, to face your biggest fear."