The Love That Would Never Be

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry potter

Rating: T

Warning: Dark thoughts and mentions of SLASH (don't like, don't read)

Character: Remus Lupin

Time period: Third Book

Words: 200

I sat down on my creaky bed, looking around my small dirty cabin. I haven't been here for years. Ever since the incident I left England to travel, finding different remedies and potions along the way for my "condition."I looked down and saw the letter which was the reason for my return.

Dear Mr. R.J. Lupin

I would like to offer you a job at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as professor for Defence against the dark arts. Our potion professor would be delighted in creating the Wolfsbane potion for you once a month and I would hope to see you soon.

Sincerely

Albus P.W.B. Dumbledore

At first I didn't want to do it. It would bring back memories of my friends and more specifically, Si-Black, my first and only lover. I cringed to think what Dumbledore would think of me if he found out about my past, and that I was holding a grave secret. I debate telling him when I wrote back to him, telling him that Black is a dog animangus, but I didn't. I was a coward, a fool; I still hung on to the love I had for him. The love that would never be.