Looking Forward (A Harry Potter Fan Fic)

“Come on James!” Sirius yelled as we sprinted across the courtyard. “Snivellus is coming!” I laughed. I ran a hand through my ruffled black hair.

“Whoa, Sirius…c’mon. It’s Evans,” I yelled back. Her red hair was glowing in the sunlight. She was sitting with some other girls in our year, laughing. Lily Evans had been my…crush for a few years now. We were in our 5th year here at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Sirius, being my best friend, knew that I was more than obsessed.

“Dude…talk to her. You’re such a pansy,” Sirius told me punching me in the arm. “Mooney’s over there…TALK TO HER!” he shouted while running over to our friend Remus Lupin, who we called Mooney. I slicked down my hair, fixed my glasses, and took a deep breath. When I started to walk over to her table one of her friends, Carrie McAdams, pointed and sniggered and said, “Lily, James is coming over here.” I saw Lily’s head drop. She obviously did not want to talk to me.

“Hey Lily…would you come for a walk with me?” I asked her, feeling the blood rush to my face.

“I think this is the first time you haven’t called me Evans…I’m impressed,” She replied smiling. It was going better than usual.

“Hello Headmaster,” Carrie suddenly said.

“Professor Dumbledore! Hi!” I told the elderly headmaster who we all loved.

“Sorry for interrupting! I need the two of you to go to my office. I need to get a few other students but I will be there soon. I love Droobles…” Professor Dumbledore said.

Lilly and I walked up to Dumbledore’s office, not speaking the whole way. When we got there Sirius, Remus, and my other friend Peter (who we called Wormtail) were waiting.

“Dumbledore wanted something with you too! Are we in trouble?” Remus said. Remus was perfect, he never got in trouble. Sirius and I, on the other hand, were a different story. We had gotten in our fair share of trouble, this week alone. Filch hated us, but also loved us, we gave him something to do.

“Remus, you DON’T get in trouble!” Sirius snapped.

I walked up to the stone gargoyle in front of the door.

“Droobles,”I told the gargoyle which leapt aside. We all climbed into Dumbledore’s office.  I heard Dumbledore walking up the stairs right behind us, there was only one other footfall with him.

“Oh God, its Snivellus…” Sirius muttered beside me. I turned to look behind me. Sirius was right, standing right behind me, with a look of disgust on his face, was none other than Severus Snape. His greasy black hair was covering his eyes but I could tell he was not happy with this arrangement.

“I have called you all here to show you all something amazing. It is also very sad and haunting. I am giving you the opportunity to see into the future, not through divination, but through a new concept I’ve been working on,” Dumbledore said.

“The future? Isn’t that impossible sir?” Lily asked, confused. Her adorable flawless skin was crinkled in between her eyebrows creating the most adorable dimple.

“Not at all Lily. Now why don’t we start? Sirius, you stand here. Peter, over here. James, next to Sirius. Lily, you go next to James. Severus, next to Peter.” Dumbledore had us in a circle around his desk. “Now, what you see here may not please you, it might scare you, and it might make you think ill of your friends. What I want you to know is that all of this has already happened. Nothing that you do when we get back will affect what happens later.” Dumbledore started muttering incantations. Red light swirled around us until we were completely encased in fog.