Luffy x Neko!reader - Nakama

The song is Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars

"Mom...Dad..." (Name) stuttered, looking at the burning house.

A hand snaked around her waist, and pulled her back into a muscular torso.

"It's okay. You have me." The man whispered, stroking the fluffy (H/C) ears on her head, which twitched at his touch.

"Let me go you freak!" She yelled, struggling to escape his grip.

"You're too interesting...(Name)." The man smirked.

~

"Huh?" Luffy's attention was immediately drawn from what he was eating to a girl. A Neko, to be precise.

With (H/C) hair, matching cat ears and a tail, she was unique, and stood out from the crowd.

"HEY! YOU!" He yelled, abandoning his food and running after her.

"Huh? Luffy doesn't usually leave his food like that." Nami commented, looking in the direction of where he was headed.

~

"Come on, (Name). Be our nakama!" Luffy said excitedly.

"Luffy...I..." (Name) stumbled over her words.

"You're so interesting though!" Luffy exclaimed. (Name)'s eyes widened slightly as she remembered what he said.

"You're too interesting (Name). I may have fallen for you. You should belong to me."

"No way!" She shouted, standing up and storming off.

~

"I remember tears streaming down your face,
When I said I'll never let you go.
When all those shadows almost killed your light.
I remember you said,
'Don't leave me here alone.
With all that's dead and gone and past,
Tonight.'"

(Name) song softly. The wind tousled her hair, as she sat next to the sea.

"Just close your eyes,
The sun is going down.
You'll be alright,
No one can hurt you now.
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe,
And sound."

Luffy stumbled onto the scene, panting slightly. The crash of the waves against the cliff, and the soothing sound of her voice calmed him.

"Don't you dare look out your window,
Darling everything's on fire.
The war outside our door keeps raging on.
Hold on, to this,
Lullaby.
Even when the music's gone.
Gone."

Luffy walked over to where (Name) sat, singing softly.

"Just close your eyes,
The sun is going down.
You'll be alright,
No one can hurt you now.
Come morning light;
You and I'll be safe and sound."

"Why are you singing such a sad song?" He asked, staring at her. (Name) turned around and wiped her eyes

"Because I'm sad, Luffy." She sniffed.

"Why are you sad?" Luffy sat down next to her.

"Because...I hate being like this!" (Name) gestured to her ears and tail.

"I think it makes you special. Makes you unique." He grinned at her.

"Right." (Name) said hoarsely.

"Be my nakama!" He said cheerily.

~

"Hey guys this is (Name), she's a neko, our nakama and my girlfriend!" Luffy announced to the crew. (Name) blushed like crazy and hid her face in her hands.

"Luffy, do you even understand what that means?" Nami sighed.

"Yeah! It means a girl that you love, right? And I love (Name)!" He placed his hand around (Name)'s waist and grinned.

"(Name), do you...?" The crew looked at the blushing neko.

"I don't know if I'm using love as a correct word, but I feel affectionate towards Luffy, like I want him to be my boyfriend." (Name) smiled.

"How the hell did our shit-head of a captain get a girlfriend before me? And she's really beautiful!" Sanji sobbed, collapsed on his knees as the rest of the crew cheered for their new nakama.

I wrote a Ghoul!Luffy x reader x Ghoul!Sanji but I don't know if I should publish it because it's kinda crap and Luffy's kinda Yandere.