5. This Should Be Animals Academy

I woke up to the up to someone beating on my door. I groaned but, got up to answer it.

They wouldn't stop knocking so before I answered it I yelled.

"Okay! Thumper you can stop now!"

I heard laughing and I swung the door wide open.

One girl stood there. She smiled. I had to say she was pretty she stood over my 5'10 form. She had to be about 6'2. She was skinny but, she had a good figure not lanky. Her hair was a Reddish blonde that reached her shoulders. Her eyes were a honey Brown.

"What do you want?" I asked.

She smiled and said "Well names Bly short for Blaire. I'm here to take you to Mr. Helston's office."

I laughed" okay and names Andrea but call me Andi. Just let me get dressed you can chill in here while I get some clean clothes on."

I run into my closet and grab my bag then flee to the bathroom. I pick out a nice rock band tee shirt that seem to never see light at all. Then some of my jeans that fit perfectly. Lastly I grab my old off brand converses.

I look in the mirror as I get the clothes on. My brownish black hair was everywhere. My hazel eyes seem to be more gray than usual. I sighed. I washed my face and put my hair into a messy bun then walked out of the bathroom.

Bly was sitting on my bed calmly waiting. She saw me and jumped up while smiling at me.

She had a gentle feel around her. She just seem to be relaxed.

"Andi we need to get going by what Helston said you have very low knowledge on what this academy's for."

I grabbed my phone then nod and follow her out of my dorm. I lock my door and then we start to walk down stairs.

We walk down stairs but right before we walk out I grabbed a big Apple and an orange. I was starving since I skipped lunch and dinner yesterday.

We began the long and confusing walk to the office. The only thing I was focus on was Bly form and my food.

Which ended up in me tripping over something. I look down from where I tripped to see a little tortoise. It didn't seem affected and kept on its way. I was surprised I didn't see it. It was huge.

I get up to see Bly walking gracefully away she didn't realize I fell I guess.

I run to catch up but, then I stop and really think about what just happen. Why was there a tortoise in the first place? How'd I magically just now trip over it.

I shake my head and see her enter the doors. I run and quick meet her at the elevator. Gahhhh. Not this again. I enter and luckily this ride seem shorter than yesterday's.

We finally make it to Mr. Helston office. Bly finally looks back at me.

"Well this is where I leave you. Just knock on the door when you're ready he'll be waiting for you. Well see you around I guess. " Then she smiled and walked away.

I turn toward the door. In bold print it said Headmaster. Behind this door is all the information that my grandmother didn't include. I breathed in slightly.

I finally knocked and with a booming voice he told me to enter. He gestured me to have a seat. He had kind Brown eyes and a beard that made Santa probably jealous.

I sat down and he smiled a kind smile. It made me feel foolish that I was frighten by him yesterday. I could tell his demeanor was protective and understanding like that of a father of grandfather.

I smiled back at him.

"Miss DéMor let me say this before we start. I know some of this is very shocking but, know I and the rest of the student body isn't going to harm you. You are safe and I make sure every student is protected. I understand this is a very challenging thing to process. I am willing to answer any questions."

I nod.

He takes a deep breath.
"This school is for students with spirit animals. Not the regular kind that stay in your head that you choose. These animals are chosen at birth you are born with them. They can be anything from an ant to a shark. Each generation of a family with a spirit animal past as one member of each generation with a spirit animal. The animals appear when you unlock a connection to them. It can be through an emotion. After that you can all them anytime you want they appear like smoke but are actually solid and just like they came they blow away like smoke. They share characteristics with you and help you in many ways. You can communicate with them telepathically. You also have some power that are much like your animal. Like Lance Simons he has quick speeds because his spirit animal is a Pronghorn Antelope. Gosh does he use that to his advantage. Anyway you have advantages just like your animal. No fairy tale animal can be your spirit animal. They can be rare like a albino animal but, nothing like a dragon or a threes headed dog. Now do you have any questions."

I sit back and let it sink in. This can't be real. "Show me your animal Mr. Helston. "

He smiled and stood up and moved his desk over to the wall and then all of a sudden a big whisk of smoke appear. Within seconds a large Bison with dark brown fur appeared. I sat there slack jawed.

What the heckie!?!?

This can't be real but, that happen. It really did.

After sitting there for 5 minute I finally got up and petted the large beast. He was loving and it fit was nice and thick.

And he was solid.

I looked back at Me. Helston who was giving me a look.

I step back. He gave me a questioning look.

"Most people can't touch another person's spirit animal with out it going nuts. Most animal tend to stay with only it's person. And Brute here hasn't let anyone let him but me."

I smiled and petted the gentle, giant beast. It was completely calm and seem to be enjoying my loving.

"Mr. Helston what we're my grandmother's and my father's animals since they went to this school?"

He smiled" your grandmother's was a rabbit. She was a gentle lady and had the power to calm people easily. Your father he was the complete opposite he was a snake and had the gift of helping people change but he used it for bad. He was a coward even when he died."

I sighed. I guess it wasn't just mother's bitterness but truly it was his character.

I wondered what I'll be.

The rest of the time in the office Mr. Helston explained the different floors to the school like the third level was for the normal class's like math and English. Also The teachers office's. The second floor was for the the training of land animals. The first was for the water animals salt and fresh water. The roof was for the air animals. The ground level was the garage and other area for the nurse and training areas. The school staff also are in each dormitories.

It was so much knowledge. I felt like it was going to over load my brain.