Chapter Twenty-five

Zayn's POV

It's already 11:16 in the evening and I can only stay until 1:00 am. They allowed me to stay until the wee hours of the morning because one) they want to me to spend the Christmas (at least for an hour) with my family and friends (yet unfortunately, my family is not around) and two) so that it'll be easier for us to return to the facility without too much eyes on us.

"I am really glad that I am spending the few hours of my birthday and the first hour of the Christmas with the lads and with you Zayn," Louis said as he gave me a smile. "I hope you had a great time."

I gave him a smile and a small nod. I saw a smile stretch on his face and he gave me a pat on the shoulder. When I moved my eyes, I saw Niall giving me a small nod. Don't I a good actor.

Harry handed me a juice. "Where is Rose?" he asked

I turned to him, wondering. I gave him a shrug as an answer. Liam quipped in. "I can smell that someone's crushing on someone, eh?"

Harry looked at Liam. "What? Me? No way," He denied. "I was just wondering because she's supposed to have fun with us."

"Oh come on. You're like always attracted to every girl you see." Liam said. "Except of course if the girl is with someone."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Is it bad that I am just wondering?"

"Sometimes wondering of ones whereabouts can be seen as crushing." Louis laughed

They continued bantering as I just listened. I am missing this kind of banters with these four. It has been different after what happened to me and ever since I entered the facility. Like all of a sudden I was left out. Like as if I don't know where I should stand.

"So Louis." Niall said. "Since it is your birthday, I can assume that you invited someone to come over?"

"Someone?" Louis asked. "Like you lads and my family are the "someone" who is here."

"We came here, you did not invite us." Harry said. "That's a difference."

"Oh come on, shut it." He said, his cheeks blushing

Niall laughed, his signature Irish laugh that can really make girls swoon. "Look who's blushing!"

"So there is someone, then?" Liam asked. "Right?"

Louis just shrugged and gulped the whole glass of juice. "I don't even know what you guys are talking about."

"Actually we do." Niall said. "Like we really do."

"Oh tell me something about myself that I am not aware of." Louis said

"A little bird actually told us that you are seeing someone..." Liam teased, a sly smile on his face. Knowing Liam, when he wants to find out about something, he always makes sure that he'll find out.

"Wow, where the hell did that came from?" Louis said. "I never knew that myself."

"Such a denial king." Harry frowned. "Oh come on."

"I told you I don't know anything you're saying." Louis lied. I know that he is lying. Well, I managed to remain mysterious and unreadable to them so they wont know me that much but then, they were not too mysterious that is why it's easy for me to read them and know their strengths and weaknesses.

"Don't lie, Louis William Tomlinson." Niall said. "I mean it."

"Must I be scared?" he asked as he placed the juice on the table. "I can't date you know."

"Oh you actually date." Liam said. "You actually do."

"What the..." Louis began to say

"Oh watch the word, Tomlinson. No cussing in front of Zayn." Harry said. I stared at him and Harry knows that I was trying to hold the laughter in me.