Prologue

When most thought of mage guilds, they pictured a group of powerful mages that would sacrifice their own lives for the innocent. They pictured hot headed teenagers who thought of themselves to be the most powerful in the world. They pictured all of these things, but in reality, not all guilds were this way. Some preferred...a more evil approach when it came to getting the jobs done. These were the dark guilds, guilds that only the brave or foolish trusted with their requests.

And out of all of the dark guilds in the Fiore area, Phantom Lord was undoubtedly the strongest. The reason being was that they had their own secret weapon, a weapon that only the luckiest of guilds could ever dream of possessing.

A dragon slayer.

And not just any dragon slayer, but a first generation dragon slayer, which are rumored to be the absolute strongest. He was a dragon of the iron arts, able to wield and crush with his heavy metal powers. This dragon slayer was so powerful-even his own guild members feared him. They all cleared the way when he passed by, and they even avoided making eye contact with him, much less speaking to him. Only the foolish would dare mock him, tease him-as it resulted with their head crushed through the concrete-like walls. At that rate, even the most idiotic members knew better than to mess with their most feared guild member.

The only one of Phantom Lord's residence who didn't fear the dragon slayer was the master himself, Jose Porla. He had found Gajeel when he was a mere child, alone and deathly afraid of everything and anyone. Though he didn't show his fear by shivering or crying-more along threatening people and growling at others. He enjoyed the temper that the child had, and invited him to join his guild. Without a place to go, how could the child refuse? It was also on this day, that Gajeel's dragon slayer magic was made known to everyone.

But now, there was a new request that required the guild of Phantom Lord to work together. A man had stopped by, an urgent request at hand. He wanted his daughter back, though his tone showed no care or love towards his daughter at that moment. Jose could care less, happy with the price that the man was willing to pay for the return of his daughter. What made Jose even more excited was the fact of who the girl was: Lucy Heartfilia. He'd heard of the name before, knowing that this girl was apart of the very guild he despised.

Fairy Tail...

He hated Makarov, still furious over the fight that he had lost with him a few years ago. Though he was told by others that there was no need to hold a grudge towards the old mage, Jose couldn't simply let it go. He wanted revenge, and this...this made for a perfect opportunity.

Word Count: 489

A/N Hey Guys! I know that this is very short, but it is only an introduction into the new fanfiction. I will start writing this after I finish my fanfiction, Blood Frenzy. It will be completed by this coming up Monday! So it won't be long at all, just wait for a few more days, and I will have Chapter 1 for this story published TUESDAY! Please vote, comment, share, follow, and spread the gale/gajevy love!