Chapter 3

A/N so Uh....hey, guys! I'm back. It's been a LONG time I know, but summer is ALMOST here! Just this week and next week. After this week(state testing for AP English and U.S. History), I'll be updating again daily!! So Yay!! I decided to go ahead and update this fanfiction since I shouldn't have much, if any homework for the rest of the school year ^ω^. I've missed all of you! Have fun reading!!

-Gajeel-

"So, what happened to the girl?" Jose asked me, looking through a few documents that he had scattered around.

Master Jose figured out pretty quickly that I brought another Fairy Tail member with me, and after a little explaining, he was surprisingly alright with her living with me.

I smirked. "Tha Shrimp's at my place, locked up too. She ain't goin' nowhere, and she ain't gonna do anything--except give me offspring, gihi."

He laughed. "Good, good. By the way, it's your turn to go and feed the blonde down in the dungeon. Her father should be here by the end of this week, but he never said -how- to care for her until he arrives..."

Nodding, I walked away from the main room, stopping by the kitchen to grab something edible for the busty blonde. We didn't have much around here, besides ale and beer, so I grabbed a small loaf of bread and a glass of water for her. It sounded like typical prison food anyways. Leaving the kitchen, I walked towards a small, iron door. It nearly killed me at first when I arrived at this place, having something so delicious in front of me, but I was not allowed to eat it. Luckily, I got over that struggle when the master had his other guild members fetch me enough iron to last me a life-time. Opening the door, I walked in, glancing at the few lit torches that were placed on various mantles.

"H-hey! Let me go! Let me out of here!" I heard the blonde screech out, banging on the iron bars with her tiny hands, though her hands were still bigger than my mate's hands.

I chuckled darkly towards her, sliding the food under the small space between the bars and the floor. "That's all ya get for the day. I ain't gonna feed you like the others will, cas I got a sexy chick at home just waitin' for me."

"I bet she's a lowly whore if she's stuck with you!" this Lucy chick spat out at me.

"Are you honestly calling yer guild's shorty bookworm a whore? That's shameful, blondie," I said in a mockingly disappointed tone.

She gasped. "L-Levy?"

"Yep! That shrimp is all mine now! I took her as my reward for kidnappin' ya and destroying yer guild! She's better than any amount of money!" I laughed out.

"Y-you monster!" she yelled out, glaring at me.

I shrugged, turning to walk away. "Nice chattin' with ya, Blondie."

Heading back up the stairs, I began to think. Maybe I could persuade Levy to consider liking me, but how could I do that? Obviously, she hates my guts, but maybe I can win her over with...books! Brilliant!

Rushing out of the guild, after giving Jose a signal that I fed our prisoner, I headed towards our local bookstore. I was surprised to have found it so quickly, considering that I can barely read myself. The outside of the building even reminded me of the shrimp. Once inside, I took a whiff of the place, realizing that Levy smelled a lot like this place: inked paper and tea. Glancing around, I noticed that there was a book series presented in a collectors edition. It looked pricey, but if it would get the little shrimp to talk to me, then so be it. Walking over towards the collection, I picked the box up and carried it over towards the counter. The woman behind it gulped when she saw me, nervously smiling.

"W-will that be all?" she asked shakily.

I rolled my eyes. "Yea, lady. And this ain't for me, just so ya won't think I read this trashy stuff. It's for my...wife."

Instantly, the mentioning of me having a 'wife' caused the lady to calm down, smiling more honestly this time. "Well, aren't you a sweet and loving husband. That will be one hundred jewel!"

Quickly paying her, I rushed out of the bookstore with the collectors box in my hand, walking in the direction towards my house. I knew she was a bookworm because I read, reluctantly though, about her in a random Sorcerer's Weekly magazine that I had laying around in my house. I wanted all and any information on the mother of my offspring. Once I arrived at my house, I noticed small cracks in my windows, but nothing really noticeable. That Shrimp must have been at it to manage to make cracks in my windows.

Walking up the stairs of the porch, I unlocked the front door and stepped inside, quickly shutting it back and locking it again. "Oi, Shrimp! I got ya somethin'!"

I spotted her in the corner of my living room, staring blankly at the wall with tears running down her cheeks.

"Quit yer cryin' and look at what I got for ya!" I barked at her, walking over towards her and shoving the book collection in her hands.

I noticed with approval that her eyes lit up at the books. "Y'you...where did you get these?"

"From the bookstore. I can get ya more if ya want. Just write down the books that ya want and I'll get 'em for ya. I got paid enough to have a lot of extra spendin' money," I told her.

She looked away from me, staring at the wall again. "I can't accept a gift from a...a monster."

I growled at her, picking her up by the back of her dress. "I ain't no monster, Shrimp! I'm yer frickin mate whether you like it or not, and I WILL make you love me!"

"You can't make someone love you, Gajeel! You have to prove yourself to that person--show them that you are worth loving!" she yelled back at me.

I froze, her words hitting me in the face like a wall of bricks. Was she right?

"Look, I'm not a nice person, Levy. But I can be nice around you. Will that make you like me? I mean, I got you books...don't you like books?" I asked.

She gave me a look. "I know that you have Lucy locked away at your guild. Release her, and I'll consider giving you a chance."

"No can do, Shrimp. Her father is coming by at the end of the week to get her. Even if I wanted to, I can't now. She's under close guard by Jo--hey, wait a minute... How do you know about that?"

"You left your mission document on the nightstand, and I wanted something to read. You should be more careful about where you put your things," she admitted.

I sighed. "Oh, well---hey, I'm gonna cook dinner. What are ya in the mood for?"

"You...cook?" she asked.

I nodded, smiling. "Yep! It's a secret hobby of mine, and since you're my mate, you have the right to know."

A small blush formed on her face. "It doesn't matter what you cook."

I sighed, knowing that she was still being incredibly stubborn. "Well, I'll be in the kitchen if you need me...enjoy your books, Shrimpy."

Walking away from her, I noticed that she still had tears forming in her eyes. I shook my head as I entered the kitchen, gathering the ingredients that I would need for our dinner. As I began preparing the salad, an idea formed in my head, and I smirked.

I knew of a way to mark her permanently without her approval, but it would cost a lot. It would also take a long time to get the mixture ready, but once it was complete, I'll be able to trick her into drinking it, erasing her mind and turning her into the perfect little mate.