Chapter 43- In a Time Past

Author's Note!

Hey guys!

I just wanted give you guys some information regarding some updates and some other stuff that's been going on. 

Firstly, I went to the Blackhawks season ticket holder's party and I met PATRICK FREAKING KANE. It was so amazing and he was so nice! On top of that, I finally got to go to a Red Wings game in Detroit! So the last couple of weeks have been pretty amazing. 

Also, this will be my last update on any of my stores until after Christmas, so I want to wish all of my wonderful readers and followers a happy holidays! Thank you guys for everything, you guys helped get this story to 10k reads! That is really an insane number, and I can't thank you guys enough for all of the support you guys have given me in writing this story. 

Anyway, cheers guys!

Brooke

April 11th

Ryan's POV

I tucked my shirt in and applied a small amount of cologne. 

Tonight, Ashley insisted that she take me out for my birthday dinner the night before. 

I didn't really get it, but she really wanted to go out with me tonight, and I wasn't going to object.  

She's spent the last hour getting ready, and she was almost ready to go. 

I zipped my Northface jacket and waited in the door frame. Ashley came out the bathroom wearing a bright blue dress that went to her knees with white heels. 

She's perfect. 

She grabbed her phone off of the bed and met me in the doorway. 

"Ready to go?" She asked me, softly pecking my lips. I could taste her lip gloss. 

"Cherry?" I asked her. She smiled. 

"Yeah, and it looks like some got on you." She smiled innocently. I walked over to the mirror and wiped the gloss off of my lips. 

"I think it looks good on you. It brings out your feminine side." She giggled, placing her hands on my shoulders. I smiled. 

"Is it off?" I asked her. She nodded.

"We should go, our reservation is at 7:00 and it's already 6:30." She told me. She grabbed her jacket and led me out of my room and downstairs. Taylor and Natalie were in the living room watching a movie together, and Jordan had went out with some family for the evening.

"Heading out?" Taylor turned to us and asked.

"Yup, we should be back in a couple of hours." I told him. He nodded and turned back towards the TV. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Natalie give Ash a really dirty look. 

I'm going to have to talk to her about that tonight. 

It was probably nothing. 

"See you guys." Ashley smiled, taking my hand and escorting me to the front door. We walked out to my truck and we both got in. 

I started the truck and pulled out of the driveway. 

The city lights reflected off of the windshield and dimly lit the rest of the otherwise dark night. It was cool, but not uncomfortably cold. 

"So are you feeling 22 yet?" Ashley joked. I laughed. 

"Yeah, time flies. It's pretty crazy." I said, keeping my eyes locked onto the road. The drive continued on for another fifteen minutes or so until we reached the restaurant.