Hope for the Holidays.

[This is my surprise for the day and it is a Christmas story I have written for fun and for a contest here on Wattpad. Once you have finished it, please shoot me a comment of what you think of it. It would mean a lot to me! Thank you and enjoy the ride! :)]

I lean over the bathroom over the bathroom sink with the palms of my hands resting on the counter, supporting me. I can't believe it's positive. We were safe as could be. I was on the pill, he had a condom; what more could we have done?

I shake the thoughts out of my head and throw the test into the nearby trash can next to the toilet.

Returning back to my room, I swing open the closet door.

Figuring out what to wear for these job interviews is so tough.

Do I go formal but laid back or hard core get-ready-to-business-esque?

After flipping through the millions of dresses that I have to the left side of my closet, I choose one that has a black bottom, but a white top portion with a large bow attached on the front. Then, I go to my shoe rack and grab a pair of black suede pumps from the bottom shelf. I come out of the closet and rest the dress on my on light blue and gray bedspread; I drop the heels on the rug right in front of my bed.

I sigh and pull my gray v-neck over my head. As I am taking off the rest of my clothes, the thoughts come back.

What am I going to do?

How am I going to tell Eric?

How am I going to tell my parents?

I shudder at the word parents.

Let's just say we don't have the greatest relationship. They've always been opposite of what I wanted all of my life, and now they think I'm not the person I should have been. They also think the reason I went where I did was because of my boyfriend. They don't necessarily approve of him, and think he's a failure just because he wanted to get into music for college. My parents loved him when I was dating him in high school but only because his parents are filthy rich just like they are. I hate being a part of a money filled family; I get all of these privileges without having to earn my way to receive them. They're just handed at my feet all of the time. Just like these job interviews. Even though my parents don't support my career choice, they still managed to get me interviews to the three largest publishing firms in the nation. Apparently they have friends who have friends that work in the business. It's like I can't get away from them.

I seriously can't wait until I graduate!

Just two more weeks!

Once my dress is on, I tread over to the bathroom again. Opening the drawer to the white plastic dresser next to the sink, I remove the green basket full of makeup supplies from the open shelf. My face feels extra bloated today, so I decide to apply more foundation than usual. I top it off with a light silver eyeshadow, a bit of black mascara and a thin line of winged eyeliner, along with a peach tinted lipstick as an added bonus. I toss the used pieces back into the basket and put the container back into the drawer.

"Hey, Olivia, can I borrow your organic chemistry book?"

I pop my head from the bathroom to see that my roommate Claire has already entered my room.

"Did you forget it at home again?" I roll my eyes at her as I cross the room to my desk.

Opening the bottom drawer of my light brown wooden study arrangement, I pick up the familiar green textbook.

I turn around and place it gently onto Claire's palm.

"Thank you," she hugs the book against her chest.