Chapter 4

Instead of going back to my house, Parker takes me to his. His mom and dad aren’t home so we can talk. We go into his high-ceilinged living room and sit on the huge leather couch.  Parker lays his head on my lap and I run my fingers through his dark brown hair. His eyes are swollen and red, and he closes them and takes a deep breath.

                “Are you going to tell your dad?” he asks.

                “Hell no, he’ll kill me. I need time to figure out what I’m going to do.” I study Parker’s face and try to figure out what he’s thinking. He just looks relaxed because of my nails grazing through his hair. Every time I look at Parker my stomach flips. He’s just so damn hot. I can’t believe I’m lucky enough to have someone like him. His face looks like a god, and he has a body to match. Every muscle is perfectly toned, and each time he moves they ripple under his tan skin.  I trace his jaw line and feel a little bit of stubble about to break the surface.

                Parker interrupts my thoughts. “What is there to figure out? In 2 months we’ll have a baby.”

                “If I want to keep her or not,” I say quietly.

                Parker frowns. “Of course we’re keeping her. We can do it. My mom and dad will help us and I think the two of us will make great parents.” He sits up and puts his hand on my stomach. “Can you feel her kicking?”

                I move Parker’s hand to where I feel a faint twitch. I assume that feeling has been my little girl kicking me these past couple of months, but I have never thought anything of it. Parker’s eyes light up and he kisses me softly. I feel her kick his hand again and Parker’s lips smile against mine.

                “She looks just like you,” he says, pulling the ultrasound out of his back pocket.

                “What is that?” a voice questioned from the doorway to the living room.

                My face pales as Parker’s thirteen year old sister, Annie, walks in. Parker looks at me frantically. I smile at Annie. “It’s an ultrasound. I hurt my knee playing tennis and that’s how they checked it. I was just showing Parker.”

                “Oh, yeah right. You get ultrasounds to look at ba-” Annie’s eyes widened. “Are you pregnant?”

                I didn’t know what to say. There was no doubt Annie would tell her and Parker’s mom.  And then Mrs. Remington will tell my dad. And my life would end. I can’t even imagine what my dad and Elizabeth would say. And I don’t want to know, at least not yet.

'               “How would I be pregnant?” I force a laugh.

                “From having sex with Parker. And I know you do, the walls in our house are really thin.” Annie narrows her eyes at the two of us.

                “Annie, what the hell? Get out of here!” Parker jumped off of the couch and shoved his sister out of the room, slamming the door behind her. He sunk down to the floor and put his head in his hands. I crawled over to Parker and rested my head on his shoulder.

                “What’s the matter?” I ask softly.

                “My sister listens to us have sex.”

                I can’t help but laugh. “So what? That’s the least of our worries right now.” I straddle Parker’s legs and give him a tight hug. “We can get through this.”