Eli

For the next week I got visits from Mickey every night. Sometimes I would sneak out with her and roam the streets. She'd show me little parts of her world and I would hold on to them and treasure them as long as I could. She'd give me and assorted amount of drugs and I've just stop hesitating to take them. Every night I got to spend alone with the most interesting girl in the world. I got to spend time with the mysterious and secretive Mickey Clear. Even though that didn't make her any less secretive or mysterious.

I was waiting up tonight for her but she didn't show. I stayed up all night wondering where she could be, but there was never a knock on my window. The next day at school I didn't see her at all. But Eli was there which was strange, there is never one without the other.

I walked pass her on my way to lunch but I couldn't help but stop and ask, "Where's Mickey today?" She looked up from the phone she was looking at.

"Hi Harry. Nice to see you too," she said with proper Eli attitude. She closed her locker and started walking away but I followed behind quickly.

"I'm serious. Where is she?" She stopped quickly and turned around her heels. Her face sharp and ready to attack.

"Listen that is none of your business. If she is not here then she is somewhere else. Do not concern yourself with whatever my sister does. If she wanted you to know she'd tell you."

"Yeah but I was just hoping to see her-"

"What, you're whipped from all those late night visits?" My face was surprised. I didn't think she knew about those at all. "Listen you are not my sister's keeper. You spend a little time with her and now what you think you're going to fall in love?" She took a breath and her shoulders calmed slightly. "Listen Harry you will see Mickey when she sees fit. Until then stop worrying about it. And definitely don't ask me about her. It's bothersome."

Her footsteps rang as she began down the hall again. Then with an abrupt stop she turned around and a quiet "shit" fell from her mouth.

She walked back up to me quickly. A smirk curled on her face and confusion set in my brain. A state i was used to when dealing with these twins. "Are you by any chance busy right now Harry?" She asked.

I looked at her slightly confused. "Yes. Very busy. I'm in school if you haven't noticed."

She rolled her eyes. "I need you to come with me." She began walking off and I hesitated to follow suit.

This girl had genuinely insulted me right now and now she wants me to just ditch school with her? But in the next moment I found myself following persistently after her.

I couldn't help myself anymore. I was drawn to the danger the Clear twins provided. It was intoxicating, both girls with their own distinct destructive allure demanded every second of my attention.

Eli leads me outside and down the street away from the school. She walks quickly checking her phone every other minute. My feet follow hers exactly and the air stays silent. We walk for a consistent ten minutes until I found us to be in a part of the city I've never seen.

The cement in the street was cracked and filled with potholes and the sidewalk had changed into dirt. I looked as Eli continued her stride with no type of fear.

She turned right into an old bar. When you walk in the air is filled with smoke and there's large room with open doors. Some with men gambling, some with girls giving men lap dances, some with music playing and large groups of people were doing drugs and partying.

Eli turns around looks at me

Eli turns around looks at me. "The place where most of the city men take off their suits and join the slums. Secrets that could never leave the south side," she smirked and walked back to into a room where the people and drugs seemed to be the same thing .

We both stopped at the door way. I looked at her face under the dim lighting and realized how similar to Mickey she actually was. Both completely elusive. Her eyes were stronger than Mickey's, they didn't look with innocence or deception, but the were honest and bare, completely vulnerable.

I had never looked at Eli for how long I did right now and she had never looked at me that way either

I had never looked at Eli for how long I did right now and she had never looked at me that way either. "You stay here, enjoy some drugs or whatever I'll be right back." She turns and walks away without another word.

I go in the room and sit with the crowd. There's some coke on the table so I help myself to a line or two while I wait. Before long Eli is back at the door. Her hand lifts in a motion, signaling lets go. I get up and follow her.

We walk out of the club and into the day. She walks to a car and gets in on the drivers side. I stop confused because we hadn't arrived in a car.

She looks at me annoyed and I quickly go and sit in the passenger side. I look at her brown smooth skin as she pulls out a cigarette. She places it between her plump brown lips and brings a lighter to the tip. The air becomes still as she takes a long pull I. And blows out the smoke.

All I can see is her in an old beauty add and with the title beautiful death written above her head, because that what she was. A beautiful disaster waiting to implode. She turned to me and her eyes smiled.

"We have some errand to run Harry

"We have some errand to run Harry. You want to have some fun?" She asked mischievously. She pulled some pills out her pocket and held them out in her hand. I looked at the buffet of options and chose two white tablets that I can't remember trying before.

I swallow both in one large gulp and prepare for whatever my day with Eli will have to offer me.