The Parade - (Chap. 3)

When I wake up, I realize I'm the last one up. Propping myself up on an elbow, I run my other hand through my messy chestnut tresses. Yawning, I remove the comforter off of my body feeling the cool air nipping at my exposed skin. It's then that I notice the room is completely empty, except for me. Easing myself out of bed, I quietly tip-toe towards the bathroom. I stop dead in my tracks when I hear giggling coming from the bathroom, I knew they were in there! Moving closer to the closed door, I gently place my hand on the handle. Turning it ever so carefully I swing it open as quickly as I can, in hopes I can catch them off guard. When they all jump slightly I know I've done my job. 

I try to put on my most serious face, but I know I fail at it. The wide-eyed look I'm getting prevents me from keeping a straight face and I burst out laughing. "You should see your faces!" I exclaim, hopping up onto the bathroom counter next to Frankie. Nudging me with her elbow, she sticks her tongue out at me. "Rest well Sleeping Beauty?" Lilly teases as she finishes curling her hair. I love when she curls her hair, it always looks so perfect and effortless. I was just glad she didn't have the curling iron in her hand when I burst through the door. "Yes I did as a matter of fact." I simply state stretching out my legs in front of me. 

Shooing everyone out of the bathroom, I grab two clean, white, fluffy towels out of the linen closet and turn the water on. Stripping out of my clothes, I step into the warm shower. Quickly lathering my hair up with shampoo and conditioner, I just stand under the water letting it rinse the soap from my body and hair. I used that time to think about the events of last night. Jonathan freaking Toews kissed me. So he was drunk, he still kissed me. That's something I've been dreaming of for the past five years. Okay, maybe not exactly five whole years, I do have a weak spot for Tyler Seguin. I remember being a naive teenager thinking someday, I'll be Jonathan Toews' girlfriend. Here I am, so very close to that happening. I could just picture it now, him being all shy and sweet, using his 'serious' face to make me laugh, teaching me how to play hockey, all the cute stuff. 

Breaking free of my daydream, I make sure all the shampoo and conditioner is rinsed out of my hair. Turning off the water, I reach out for one towel to wrap around my hair and the other to wrap around myself. Once I feel like I'm dry enough, I check my phone for the time. 7:16  Good, we were still on time, even though I had been the last to get up. I brush my teeth real quick then set to work on getting my hair dry in under twenty minutes. 

Twenty five minutes later...

Since my hair still isn't completely dry I decide to just braid it into a fishtail and secure it with a clear hair tie. I decide to only put on a bit of mascara and lip-gloss. Considering it was going to be a really hot day I didn't want my make-up running down my face if I started sweating. Changing into my Toews jersey and my favorite pair of white shorts, I finally feel ready to leave. "What took you so long in there?!" Jessa exclaims, quickly standing up. "I wanted to try and dry my hair, didn't work out though." I say with a shrug. "Ready to go?" I ask, sliding my phone and camera into my pocket. "Why do we have to leave so early?!" Lilly and Frankie groan almost simultaneously. "Well Jonathan told me to meet him at the UC before the parade, so yeah. And he told me to bring you guys along with me." I state, looking at my nails. They really needed to be re-done, oh well. 

If I knew that's all I had to say to get them moving I would have said it sooner. Then again, I did take my lovely time getting ready. Hopping into a cab, we set off towards the United Center. Unfortunately we get stuck in the incoming traffic and have to go a whole different way to even get to the United Center. If only we could have just walked there. When we finally arrive, there's still about an hour and a half left until the parade is supposed to start. Paying the driver, we all climb out and walk towards the Madhouse. I feel really out of place since most of the people here right now are family members of the team, and us girls just met the guys last night.