I Need You

I leant over my guitar and picked up the landline phone.
"Hey."
"Oh, hey Stevie." I replied, instantly recognising her voice, "How are you?" We'd had a beautiful time together in Australia and New Zealand, though weeks had passed in which we'd barely spoken, and I really missed her.
"I'm holding up. You?"
"Studio. Though I'll be forced out soon."
"Is studio an emotion? Well it is for you I guess, and damn right you should get out of there you lazy Scrooge. If you were my husband I'd tie you to the sink right about now."
"Oh would you baby?"
"Why is everything sexy to you?"
"Only everything you do or say Stephanie..."
"Lindsey," her sigh rang through the receiver.
"Sorry, I...Miss you." I said awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck.
"I miss you too," I felt her smile. "I am asking you to come over tomorrow if you can, I need a hand with something."
"Of course, what is it?"
"I don't want to talk about it over the phone."
"Oh OK, I'll see you tomorrow morning then I guess."
"Not too early!" She protested. I shook my head at this characteristic fit.
"Love you Stevie."
"Love you too big boy," she said passively before hanging up promptly, leaving me torn between laughing or taking a cold shower.