Chapter Fourteen: Fabulously Bridal

After school Hunter leads me to the car and to work. I laugh at his giddiness and he explains that they are having a huge fashion thing today and I have to help pick out wedding dresses. I'm just as excited as him. I have a secret obsession and I guess he found that out when he saw bridal magazines in my room the other day.

"Do I need to change?" I ask when we get out of the car. I grab my phone from my school bag and put it in my pocket.

Hunter looks me up and down "No" is all he says interlocking our fingers and heading in. I start to wonder why a fashion company would help women pick out wedding dresses. As if he's reading my mind Hunter whispers "My mom has her own little obsession with weddings. So she has a "Say Yes to the Dress" kind of idea. She needs your help. I just have to be there to help with tuxedos." He rolls his eyes and leads me down a hall. Some girl pulls me aside and requests my idea on a new outfit sketch. I try to pull Hunter with me but the girl insisted it was my decision.

"This one is great, but put the top in plum." I say a little unsure. Her smile breaks out and she taps on her Bluetooth.

Maybe this isn't so bad.

The young girl thinks for a minute as I shade in the color it should be. "Yes Mrs. Prescott. She said the plum. Okay, I'll tell her. Have a good day." she says then turns to me. "Mrs. Prescott agreed with you 100% she wanted to see how you would do with that type of question. She wants you at level four for bridal." I pat the girl on the shoulder the weight lifted off my shoulders.

My heels click as I walk across the floor and I'm confronted with more questions. The drawing classes I took when I was little come in handy fixing the drafts. Some of the people even being guys who I help them figure out how to tailor a suit in the right way.

When I finally get to the bridal floor I've inherited a sketch book. One of the assistants working for a girl in design told me to carry this because I'm going to get a lot of sketches of how a bride wants to alter a dress so I'm going to get an original sketch to alter.

I don't do the initial drawing and really, I don't have to draw, I just need to know what they have to fix.

Hunter is there when I finally arrive and he rolls his eyes at the smile on my face. "Seems like you've had fun." He hands me a black case which I take willingly. I flip open showing a tablet. "This will bring up the dress you're looking at and you can make changes to fit the bride. You can use your sketch book some other time." He says putting it on a table near us. "Mom, she's ready." Hunter yells after showing me how to use my new gadget.

Mrs. Prescott takes my arm and leads me towards a busty bride with an emotional breakdown in the making. I ignore her entourage's requests and take her in a back room. "They just want me in something form fitting. I want a ball gown." She says trying to keep pace with me in her mermaid dress. I look through the plastic bags choosing a Snow White dress that goes down to her natural waist into a v then fluffs out excluding the sleeves immediately.

I hand it to an assistant and she helps the girl into it. We walk out to her entourage and no one looks immediately. I pull Hunter over and tell him to pick out a veil. "Are you sure you want me to do it?" I nod my head and he walks towards the veil rooms. He comes back with a short one that will go to the middle of her butt.

I take it from him and clip it into her long hair. She messes with the bust line and I smack her fingers away nicely. "Don't feel awkward." I whisper practically cupping her boobs. The assistant helping her, Kassie, pulls the bust tighter and clips it. I take a picture on my tablet of each side then show them to her. "This is your finished look, like?" I say seeing the tears well in her eyes. She nods her head and hugs me I grab a display bouquet and she takes it willingly she stares in the body length mirror and makes her final decision.