To Believe In The Impossible.

Chapter Nine

Jessica's POV:

The next day Ashley and I woke up and I was smiling. 

" Jess what are you smiling about?" 

" James."

" Still?" 

" What do you mean still he kissed me. It was like kissing an angel, it was as if he never left and we've been dating this whole time."

" Well Luke wants to hang out again, and he told me James wants to come along." 

" Well you said yes right, tell me you said yes." 

" Haha calm down yes I said yes." 

I jumped out of bed and began to dance around. I had gotten my old boyfriend back and for the first time in a while I feel happy.

Later in the afternoon James, Ashley, Luke, and I went to the park and hung out by the lake. I felt someone come up behind me, they put their hands over my eyes and told me to guess who. 

" Uh is it Luke?" 

" Ha no." I smiled

" Then is it James?" 

" You guessed correctly, you get a kiss." 

"you are so sweet." 

" yeah I get that a lot." I just stared at him. I never felt so happy. 

" Hey Jess,Luke and I are going to go walk around you need anything?"

 " Nope." I didn't look at her, I kinda gave a really quick answer. 

" Okay" 

" So I have a gift for you." 

" You got me a gift? For what?" 

" Nothing big just saw it and it made me think if you." I was getting that feeling again. Oh boy. 

" Oh okay." 

" Close your eyes." I closed my eyes and after about a minute I felt the cold touch of a chain hit my neck. I smiled because I loved jewelry and when we dated before he always got me jewelry

" Okay open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and he was holding a mirror in front of me. It was a Necklace from Kay Jewelers with the letters J and J in the center of a heart embedded heart with Red and Pink diamonds. 

" Do you like it?" 

" Oh my gosh James it's gorgeous! Thank you so much!" I stood up and kissed him and gave him a hug. 

" You're welcome babe. I love you." 

Oh my gosh he called me babe he loves me oh my gosh this isn't happening!! I finally found my knight and shining armor and Ladies and Gentlemen is name was James Austin Tanner.

We spent the next two hours walking through the park holding hands. We met up with Ashley and Luke

" So do you guys want to leave now? I'm sorta getting bored." 

" We can leave I don't care." So we all decided to leave and on the way home we decided to get something to eat and bring it back to my house and sit by the pool.

When we arrived back at my house, we all went out back by the pool and began eating. 

" Hey Jess, where are your parents? You don't live here by yourself do you?" 

" Ha no I don't know where my parents are this is the first time I've been home in a week." 

" Wait where have you been then?" 

" At Ashley's house." 

" oh and your parents were okay with that?"

" I actually didn't tell them personally, I left a note on my bed and I left when they where sleeping and then I left and went to Ashley's house. We had gotten in a big fight that day and I just needed my sister/best friend to help me through it." 

" Well now you have two options just in case Ashley isn't available." I turned and looked at James and smiled 

" Yes I do and I will be sure to alternate between the two of you so not all of the pressure is on Ashley."

" Oh Jess don't worry about it, I'm perfectly fine with being there for you anytime anywhere." 

"Thanks ash." I smiled and locked fingers with James. Then I heard the front door open and closed my eyes and I sighed knowing that my parents where home

" Ashley we need to go. My parents are home." 

We all begin to pick up our things. But sadly we weren't fast enough and my mom came out with my father

" Oh my god Jess your home!" 

I saw her run up in my direction and I knew that she would try and give me a hug, I stopped her I didn't want to give her the idea  that I was back home or that I had forgiven her. 

" I'm not home mom, I came back with my friends and boyfriend to get some more clothes and stuff I forgot and to eat lunch." 

I saw the look of sadness in her face but out of the corner  of my eye I saw my father look like he had a sign of relief on his face. That angered me after all he's put me through my leaving didn't even cause him a bit of sadness great he's even more of a horrible father than I thought

"Jess please come back home I miss you and your father misses you." I smirked 

" Ha yeah right dad couldn't miss me even if he tries to fake it for the sake of you." 

"Jessica that is not true, your father loves you very much."

"Oh yeah I'd like to hear that from him" I said as I stared in his direction. My father just looked at me, saying nothing

"Well I think I've made my point I'm going to leave now." 

"Jess please don't go he was put on the spot! I want you to come back home please?!" 

"No mom I'm no going to feel unloved and worthless anymore! I'm done letting people walk all over me!Especially my own father, who evidently can't even tell his daughter that he loves her why? Because he doesn't that's why! I have a boyfriend that loves me and a best friend that loves me like her sister and plenty of other friends to fill the void I've felt for to long. Well no more I give up trying to make you see the truth behind dad, but you refuse and I refuse to live here when I'm obviously not wanted!" 

I was so mad I took James hand and we walked out the front door, Ashley and Luke followed behind. 

"Jess did you get your stuff that you wanted to get after we were done eating?" 

"No it's fine I can go without it, it was just my laptop and its charger and a few more tank tops. I just can't go back in there and get then not after that."

"Then I'll go get then I know where your things are I basically used to live at your house during the summer." 

"Ash you don't...." 

"I'm going Jess you need these things it won't take long." 

I watched Ashley go back inside and get my stuff for me. She was such an amazing friend I loved her. I turned around and without saying anything I wrapped myself into James arms. I felt him hold me and kiss the top of my head. I loved him so much I just wanted him to stay with me tonight, but I knew Ashley's  mom wouldn't allow it. "I love you babe." I looked up at him, he smiled and kissed me "I love you too."

Ashley came back out with my stuff and we got in the car and left. I saw out of the corner of my eye my mom run onto the front porch, I could tell she was crying. I hated to hurt her this way, in fact I know that we would be fine if my father didn't act the way he acted towards me. But he was okay with my mom being hurt because he didn't try, he never tried and well that is his own mistake.