The Hero of Time

One morning, in a misty forest, two fairies, one purple, one yellow, hide behind a tree, waiting for unsuspecting travellers to jump. Luckily, or unluckily depending on who you ask, a traveller dressed in green on horseback appears, riding through the fog on his trusty steed. But this is no regular traveller, oh no, this is the Hero of Time. The Hylian born, Kokiri bred, Link. The hero was unaware of the two pesky fairies approaching him and was just interested in finding his lost friend. The fairies appeared in front of Links horse, Epona, scaring her and making Link fall off. The fairies friend, a kid in a mask, looked at the fallen hero's possessions and removed a blue ocarina from his pouch and started playing it. Badly.
"Hey, Skull Kid, let me play!" The purple fairy exclaims.
The yellow fairy interjects. "No, Tael. You'll just break it!"
"Aww, Tatl, I just want to have some fun," the purple fairy, called Tael, whines.
Now, during all this, the hero had recovered from his... lets say shock, as not to make our poor ten year old hero seem weak, at having Epona rear so suddenly. Anyway, he got to his feet and slowly sneaks up behind the Skull Kid and tries to reclaim the ocarina stolen from him. Key word, 'tries'. Our hero fails to retrieve his precious item and the Skull Kid jumps on Epona and frightens her, causing her to run. Link, concerned for the safety of his horse, grabs Epona's leg. At some point, he gets kicked off and Skull Kid gets away with the fairies and Epona.

Once Link gets his bearings, he realized the Skull Kid had gone. With his horse! Obviously, Link is furious. No one takes his stuff and gets away with it!
After taking out his frustration on grass by cutting it with his Kokiri sword, he sets off to find the Skull Kid. He skilfully jumps (and flips, Link would kill me if I forgot to mention the sick flips) across stumps before he gets to a hollowed out tree... which he falls in. Good job hero(!) No really(!)

Anyway, after falling from a height that would kill anyone that didn't land on the Deku Flower, he finds the Skull Kid and the fairies... but no Epona.
"W-where is my horse? Where am I?" Link asks the floating Skull Kid.
"Where you are is not important," Tael tells him.
"I got rid of that disobedient pest of yours," the Skull Kid replies. "No need to thank me."
Link stands, shocked that someone could speak that way about the one animal he loves.
"But tell me, Hero of Time," the Skull Kid continues, "what were you doing in the Lost Woods?"
"I'm not the Hero of Time!" Link replies, hoping they will believe his lie.
The Skull Kid removes the ocarina from his pouch and throws it in the air, catching it, and repeating the action. "Only the hero carries this ocarina, given to him by Princess Zelda. I was there, Link. I was there when you defeated Ganon in the future, when Zelda returned you to the past, I was there. Zelda sent me back as well and I found myself in unfamiliar territory." The Skull Kid laughs. "That was one year ago. And now to get rid of you." The Skull Kid's head shakes from side to side and Link found himself surrounded by Deku Scrubs.

They advance, surrounding him, drowning him. This is the end, he thinks.
He returns to the Deku flower, in front of the Skull Kid and the two fairies, but something's different. Everything's... bigger? He thinks. No... I'm smaller! Link looks at himself and realizes he has been turned into a Deku Scrub.
"Enjoy life as a Deku Scrub, Link." The Skull Kid flies back towards an open door. Link attempts to follow but Tatl keeps him back.
"Tatl!" Tael shouts to his sister.
Tatl turns around. "Tael!"
The door closes, separating the siblings. Tatl slams herself against the closed door but it doesn't move. She flies back to the green clad hero. "This is all your fault! If I hadn't stayed behind to stop you..." she turns back to the door, "I hope that child will be all right on his own..."
"Fairy..." Link starts but is interrupted by Tatl's glare.
"My name is Tatl!" She shouts at him. "Now, you have to help me find my brother. You can start by opening the door."
Link sighs but does as he's asked and opens the door with the fairy following.

"Navi..." he mutters.
"Who's Navi?" Tatl asks.
"N-no one!" Link says, embarrassed he was caught in his thoughts. "Lets just go."
Link walks down the hall with Tatl following.
They exit the hallway and enter a room with grassy platforms and Deku Flowers.
"Since I know the Skull Kid, I'm going to have to tag along. You want you're Ocarina back, don't you?"
Link nods and advances on the first flower and dives in, diving out after and flies to another flower, repeating the process until they reach the final island.
"Huh, hey, Link, look at this." Tatl says, flying over to a tree shell.
"Tatl?" Link walks towards the shell and puts his hand on it. He taps it with his finger. "Hollow..."
"I figured as much, Link. It's just... really creepy..."
"Yeah, lets go." Link walks through the door and waits for Tatl to catch up before advancing over the bridge to a place with a lot of cogs, gears and poles.

They go to exit through a door and...
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"