Chapter One

"There are people who have been ignored and kicked around a few times, the ones the crowd will tell you to stay away from. Seek those people out, and find them; they are the ones who will change the world."

-R.M. Drake

            It was a regular day. No famous noblemen or mistress had come to me and my adopted mother's inn today. It wasn't like a big crisis had happened or scientific research on how to turn one of the Fay into human. Nope, today was a normal day in the kingdom's capital, Timlin. Sim, my mother, had requested I get some towels for the inn. She wasn't mean in any way, quite the opposite actually. It just seemed that today was a busy day for her and towels were somehow needed for it. I then headed to my room and put on a green top with a lighter shade cutting down the bottom. Pulling on gray slacks I was almost ready. Wrapping my right hand in bandages I glanced at my reflection, seeing Kira Krov. Kira Krov had tan skin with a dark brown hair ending at the shoulders. Long bangs and light blue eyes to pair. Wasting no more time I grabbed my coin purse and made off down the street bare footed.

          The marketplace was quite squished, being in between many high buildings. On the sides of the street merchants sold many items some you might never need. The smell constantly changed, to fish transforming to lilac flowers. I smell that kept through strongly though was the salty air of the ocean nearby. Birds communicated up above most likely talking about the best catch they had had that day. People shoved and pushed along the alleyway, me using my shoulders to barely get threw. A loud voice called above the others shouting, "Brushes, brushes! Get 'em here! This one came from the Mer Libra who was passing along and gave it to me! Get it now half off!"

          Like the Mer Libra was strolling along here. The Mer Libra is the Protector of the Sea and the Head of the Follower Mer.

History of Mer

          It is said that when Poseidon's, the god of the sea, son Triton had grown bored he took the idea of his father's creations and mixed them with his desire for beautiful women thus creating the Mer. All were woman and he made tons to pleasure him. His father had no problem with such a thing while his wife wasn't one to start fights. When Athena, goddess of battle strategies and wisdom, fond out about this though, she was not much pleased. Seeing as though she could help these women and anger Poseidon at the same time she waited until Poseidon, his wife, and Triton were gone until disgusting herself and sneaking in to Poseidon's palace. Rallying the sea women she asked of whom would like to stay and who wish to leave. His most loved followers stayed while the others accepted Athena's offer. Bringing the Mer that wanted to leave to land she gave them the gift of being able to switch from legs to tail whenever they please. There were now two types of Mer, the Followers who worshiped Triton, and the Civil who worshiped Athena. One more type of Mer was created though, the Sirens.

          Rumored that when Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty, heard of this affair she was brutally angered. She wanted all Mer to adore her and not Athena or Triton her reasoning being that their amazing beauty was a gift from her, seeing as she was the goddess of beauty. Capturing one of the Mer she shaped her into a Siren. A Siren is a creature who can have only legs but is joined with scaled on their legs, arms, and face. Having amazing voices and even more beauty then the regular Mer they were gorgeous. Making more Sirens they quickly worshiped Aphrodite.
~~~~~~

          Almost getting to the towel merchant I saw a beautiful Fay having honey blonde hair mixed in with flowers and lovely blue eyes. Having a silky green dress she almost looked like a gypsy. Around her she had a lanterns hanged by a rod she most likely put up herself and curtains coming off the rods also. A soft looking rug with many pretty symbol and a table in front of her clothed in silk. No one else seemed to see the women but me. She beckoned me over and compellingly I scurried over.