A Husband's Cry (BTS JUNGKOOK)

Jungkook kept running as tears are still falling down from his face, mixing with the rain that was pouring from the sky. He ran as fast and as far as his legs could take him, not caring where he was going, before finally falling to his knees in the middle of a park. The thought of losing Anne never left his mind and he would constantly be haunted by the memories of making his wife sign the divorce papers and vanishing the very second.

He was never able to move on.

The guilt of not being there for Anne and prioritizing everything else over her and the regret of not spending more time with her plagued Jungkook's soul and replaced a once happy man with the miserable he is now. Months have passed and the feelings were as strong as ever, not allowing him to work without being punished with the pain of what his work had caused. It also caused a strain in his relationship with Rea, who can't even look at properly without thinking of the pain on Anne's face and fully enveloped his mind. After several minutes, Jungkook got himself up from his kneeling position and took in his surroundings. Everything he saw reminded him of Anne, and he couldn't help but cry and cry until his tears ran dry and he had no choice but to go "home".

The next day came and it was the first time in a while that Jungkook wasn't haunted by nightmares of his memories. As he opened his eyes, he remembered that he had slept on the couch as he'd done a few times before, unable to sleep in the same bed with Rea without a wave of guilt and regret washing over him. As he sat up, he saw the time and realized Rea had left for work. Moving over to the bedroom, he caught sight of Anne's book, ripped in half and thrown across the room. He picked it up, as tears started to fall down his cheeks, and re-read the author's not, laughing at how he was doing exactly what he had told his wife not to do for so many years. It was then that Jungkook realized that this isn't a movie, this is real life, and he was able to end it how he wanted it to end, the way they wanted it to end.

Rummaging through his closet, he washed up and got changed, and before he left his apartment for the last time, he turned off his phone and left it on the kitchen counter along with a note for Rea and his engagement ring to her. He took in the apartment that caused all of this to happen one last time before slipping on the wedding ring that belonged to him and Anne, nodding to himself and grabbing his jacket. He closed the door and left the city.

"I can't do this anymore, Rea. Truthfully, I called off the divorce that day as well. I'm sorry. Goodbye."

"Have the divorce papers been finalized yet?"

"No, Mr. Jeon, they haven't. There has been debate on whether or not to continue the file since your wife has passed away."

"Can you just call it off then? That will make it easier right?"

"Yes sir, but are you sure this is what you want?"

"Yes I'm sure. And I would like to continue to keep our home. I will pay all the bills."

Jungkook arrived at his and Anne's old estate late in the afternoon, and inhaled before heading inside. The interior was largely unchanged from the last time he was there, but a noticeable silence and somber mood engulfed the entire house. Not even the sun's rays through the windows on the pastel blue walls of the living room could brighten it back up. There was one other difference in the house. Someone had set up a shrine to honor of Anne in the living room and catching sight of one of the photos on the shrine caused Jungkook 's eyes to fill with tears as he tried to fight off the thought of crying in front of his wife with every fiber of his being, but no avail. Tears continued to stream down his face as he picked up photo of him and Anne during their wedding. Both of them smiled happily, fully and honestly in their matching white color in front of a beautiful fountain with Anne wrapped in Jungkook's arms. Jungkook was never able to smile properly ever since the day he left Anne for the last time; most of his smiles being fake and forced out of acting like everything was just fine.