Chapter 4

Hi guys! Here's chapter 4 for you, and Merry Christmas! Even though some of you probably celebrate on the 25th here in Sweden we celebrate on the 24th. I wonder why, was Santa early or something? Nevermind, let's get on with the story shall we? Enjoy!

Jackal's POV

She's hugging me!? Has she already forgotten about my curse? I could make her hole body go boom, now's my chance! But. She's doing this to comfort me, if I just play along maybe I can find a way to get out of here. I wrapped my arms around her, resting my head in the crook of her neck. I just have to be patient.

Lucy's POV

I felt Jackal's arms around me as he hugged me and nuzzled his head in my neck. But something didn't feel right. A criminal like him would never let his feelings show like this. He's faking. I let him go and backed a few steps, looking him in the eye. At least he lost his murder instinct.

"Sorry, I didn't-"

"Tch, useless. Just leave me alone" He snorted and walked over to his mattress, laying down.

"I can't-"

"I won't escape. Geez, don't get your panties in a twist. I just want some time alone, kay?"

"I'm sorry, but I was ordered to stay here and keep an eye on you until the guards return" He was about to answer but the prisoner in the cell on the opposite side of the corridor interrupted.

"Why do you complain so much, do you know how much the rest of us would give to have such a sexy maid? Come on, how much do you want to let me have my way with her?" I felt shivers down my spine. Creep.

"Sorry, she's not for sale. Get your own entertainment or shut up before I make you explode" Jackal calmly stated before standing up again. Before I knew what was happening he had grabbed my wrist and was leading me out of the cell and towards the exit.

"Hey, stop. We're not supposed to leave the prison" I tried to free my hand but his grip was just too strong. Once we were outside he finally let go.

"You need to go back right now. Or we'll both be in trouble"

"I don't care. I'm hungry, take me somewhere to eat" He demanded, this guy.

"But-"

"Or I could just ditch you and go on a rampage through town" Let's see, should I break the rules and dine with a criminal or should I let a demon blow up the town. Decisions, decisions.

"I know a place. Let's go!" I said with as much happiness that I could muster.

"Now that's more like it"

Jackal's POV

I have to admit, the girl is pretty fun to mess with. But I wasn't seriously going to blow up the town, too much work. I would've just killed a few until she said yes. Or should I have started with her? My thoughts were interrupted when the girl suddenly stopped in front of a restaurant.

"We're here, the best restaurant around here" She said happily, how can she act so 'happy-go-lucky' all the time? It's disturbing.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever" I said before walking into the restaurant. I must admit, it's pretty impressing. It smelled delicious and the design had a calming effect. Nothing like what I had seen in Tartaros. What those guys called a "feast" was more like a junkyard. Yuck! Blondie took a seat and motioned for me to do the same. After I had sat down a waitress quickly came to take our order.