Chapter 2

Jake pov

Valarie had gone to the bathroom 20 minutes ago and she had not come back. The baby started to cry loudly. I walked out to the bathroom and knocked “Val?” the door opened slowly from the pressure of the knocks and the window was wide open. I cursed softly. Something that she had said to me was repeating its self in my head “If you need anything for her, Check the bag” at the time I had thought maybe a soother or a bottle but then reality struck, “Where’s the bag” I thought. I ran thought into the kitchen and saw the bag on the table; I rooted through the front pockets first. Finally I found a large A4 envelope with Jake written on it. I ripped it open and a Large Pile of paper and a passport fell out onto the table then a folded letter, it read...

Jake,

I know you must be wondering where I have gone and why I climbed through your bathroom window. M honest answer is Away and to get out! Well, I better explain who the baby is. This is Isabella Caitlin Rosa Gerard, My Daughter. Remember last summer when I left for that “summer programme” In England? Well that was just a cover up; I went away when I found out that I was pregnant with Isabella. I’m not sure you remember but at Suzanne’s birthday party that June when we got VERY drunk? That’s when Isabella was conceived. So, I guess I’m trying to tell you that Isabella is your daughter, Our Daughter. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner but I was so so scared of your reaction that I didn’t even consider telling you until my Mom kicked me out, and I was sent to my Great-Aunts. I can’t cope anymore, Jake! My family hate me and are forcing me to sign her custody over to you. I have left all of her medical records, her passport and Birth certificate on this envelope. I have also written a manual of sorts, on her naptimes, food, toys, Lotions (bubble bath, Talc powder and moisturiser) and other info like that. Her Favourite teddy and book are in this bag. I know you are probably (definitely) Shocked but please take care of her and tell her that her mommy loves her. I am going away now and I’m not coming back. I’m sorry Jake.

Valarie

(Jake pov)

I couldn’t believe what I was reading! I looked through the contents of the envelope and saw as described a passport, Birth cert, Medical records and “Manual” I opened the passport slowly and saw the photo of the baby and her name, Date and place of birth on it and also the parent/Guardians names. “Valarie Graham and Jacob Kenny” Furious I looked at the birth cert and saw the same thing “Valarie Graham and Jacob Kenny” I heard a key turn in the lock, not knowing what to do I shoved everything into the bag and put it on the floor. Aunt Sophie walked into the kitchen and saw the hysterical baby and gave me a questioning look. I had not noticed that it was crying, I was so annoyed.

“Jake, who’s this?” She asked putting the bags down on the counter. Then lifting the carrier up onto the table. I had not even seen its face properly before then.

“Who is she?” Aunt Sophie asked getting aggravated.

I opened the bag and pulled out the letter and handed it to her, and put the birth cert and passport on the table beside the carrier.

“Is it true?” She asked, her voice no louder than a whisper.

“I don’t know” i replied honestly

“How could you not know you have a daughter?!” She shouted. The baby began to screech at the noise. Sophie turned and picked it up, trying to shut it up.

“Okay, Jake i think we need to go shopping and then when we get home and when Isabella is in bed we are having a long talk about your new situation” She said softly, rocking it back and forth.

“Well, Come on! Get your wallet” She smirked. She expertly sat it on her hip and started to look through the list of “Essentials” on the first page of the “Manual”

Then grabbed the changing bag and sat it on the floor and lay it on te ground, it cryed out as the coldness came in contact with it’s skin, then calmed down after a moment. Sophie pulled out a nappy and some baby wipes and began to change it. Then handed me the soiled nappy and instructed me to put it into the outdoor bin.  She strapped it back into the carrier and walked out the door and instructed me to follow after her.

“Thinking of her as an “it” isn’t going to change the fact that she is your daughter” She commented as if she knew what i was thinking.  I grumbled as i followed her out the door.