Chapter Two

=====LILY====

Lily was standing straight and still with the pitcher of tea in her arms. She was humiliated deep down, but had been through worse. Dinner was being served, a hot mound of pasta twirling in Alois's fork. He stared at it, as if to critisize, then took a heaping bite. In Lily's mind, all she could think about was how such a handsome, young soft-faced man could be so...sadistic. So he was the type that got off to that? Well, wasn't any worse than the enduring pain she had already faced, being chased and mugged, being attacked by perverts...

She would end this beautiful creature. She would demolish him by using his own weapons. She would get close to him, seduce him, and destroy him. They never said she couldn't mess with his head...

Earlier, Alois's special request was that Lily had to unbutton the top button of her maid outfit. No lady should ever show that much skin but Trancy seemed to have a nack for humiliating her. Well, she took it as it was and cleaned his room spotless with a confident grin. 

Lily touched her top button. He never said she could re-button it so she left it alone.

Alois ate silently, until the last few bites and pushed his plate aside. He turned to Lily, with his leg propt up.

Highly improper, but no one would dare correct this young man.

"Do you enjoy showing off your chest?" He asked so non-chalantly, swinging his legs.

You knew exactly how to answer this. Angus looked up at you from his glasses, curiously from across the table. He was the demon who you were able to summon that day you knew your life was at its wit end. You needed a place to stay, and you had work to offer. As long as you protected Trancy, you had a home.

"Your Highness, I enjoy anything you have me do because you told me to. If it makes you happy, I enjoy it," you replied in your most submissive voice ever.

Alois looked taken aback. 

His expression was filled with astonishment.

You poured him more tea, looking at his empty cup. He didn't even watch, instead he kept his eyes on yours. He turned to Angus and back to you closing his eyes as if thinking back. 

"Angus, you could learn from her."

And that was how dinner had ended.

...

Alois hadn't said much the rest of the night. He went directly to his room and wasn't seen again. Angus had told Lily before she heads for bed to clean the study so Alois would have a good place to do his work. He also warned her not to be nosey. Lily really wanted to know what Trancy had to hide, and despite that warning she would find out. This was a job and she should know what she was in for.

Cleaning by candle light she continued to dust his shelves, carefully pulling out every book and dusting the coversperfectly.

Then, there it was.

A picture that fell from the top of the shelf, along with tons of dust. Lily held back a sneeze as she curiously wiped it clean to see it.

A handsome boy held his lips tightly to a beautiful woman with dark hair. She seemed to be overtaken and highly intoxicated with love for him, and lots of passion. All this she could tell by this picture. Staring at it, it almost made her sour. No clue why Alois had this random photo, but it made Lily sick with envy. No one ever loved her like that. She was left to herself now, to fend for herself, to survive.

Without a second look she opened the window and tossed it.

===?===

He walked in the shadows in a dark cloak, carrying the picture that would prove a point to his boss. His boss knew everything because his servants were his eyes, they were born from them, his sockets like the womb. He had known tonight the one clue he needed would fall into his hands. You cannot hide from the eyes of God.