Prologue

Tracey ran and ran until she couldn't run any more, but still kept running. Trees and tree limbs rushed by her preferential point of view. She couldn't stop, her life depended on it. If she did stop, the Huntress would catch her. She had to get out of Indiana and into Ohio.

Ohio was the only place supernaturals could go to escape the Huntress. The Huntress could not get Ohio into her territory, no matter how hard she tried. She couldn't attack at all, is was against her Code. Because of her inability to attack any one in the beautiful state of Ohio, many supernaturals hid throughout the state.

But, whoever strayed from Ohio, was captured. It is rumored that the Huntress catches them, locks them in a cell, and waits until you are starved, then tortures you until you die.

It's a rumor, but Tracey doesn't want to find out if it's true.

She was almost there. Her werewolf senses registered that she was near the border, but so was the Huntress. And also the Goddess.

The main reason the Huntress is not able to access Ohio is because of the Goddess. Everyone who is a supernatural will do anything to protect her. All they want is to be near her, feel her presence, but if she shows us rejection, it's like a swan losing it's mate. All Tracey wants to do is meet the Goddess, but right now, fate says otherwise. She could feel the Huntress gaining on her, feel her footsteps pounding behind her. Her weariness suddenly weighing her down, No! she thought, get to the Goddess!

With a new found determination, she was only about four meters away now. Pushing her legs as fast as she could, she was almost there. She felt a rush of relief as she felt the familiar coolness of the border while she passed it.

She turned around at the border, watching the Huntress still coming at the border with full force. Tracey was mere inches away from the border, but The Huntress was completely oblivious to the fact. Still racing at Tracey,she reached out with her metal claw-like nails, but hit the invisible barrier separating the two.

She screeched at Tracey. Tracey had never seen the Huntress before. Long, flowing blonde hair, her muscular body clad in all black. Her piercing hazel eyes bore into Tracey's green eyes, "This isn't over," the Huntress snarled at her, before turning away.

What am I going to do? Tracey thought as she walked into the forest.