CHAPTER 26

Janelle.

My mom decided to drive to school today cause I can't ride the bus with this big box. The way I kept telling myself that I will be able to face Miguel after what happened. Ave didn't sleep over last night so I didn't have her make me more nervous than I already am. I'm pretty sure the kiss meant nothing to him, I mean, he's Miguel Pimentel for pitsake. He kisses prettier girls than me. I'm nothing but breakfast.

I got out of the car and bid my mom farewell and watched her drive off. I walked in and went to find him and face him.

What's with the overreacting, Janelle? It was just a meaningless kiss that I'm sure he's over.

Did I want him to be over it? I don't know. It stirred up something in me, feelings I didn't know I had and scrambled my mind—and I'm not sure if that's a good thing since it's Miguel we're talking about here. It's the heart breaker every girl is afraid of but wants so bad, the bad boy with manners whenever it suits him... I could go on forever but I think I look like a creep just standing outside of school in really deep thought.

I walked to the parking lot of the school and waited for both Ave and Miguel. I decided to text her and tell her I'm already here.

Me: I'm at school. Meet me @ our spot... Jan. (08:17)

I locked my cellphone and waited there as patient as I could. "Sup, Janelle, right?" I turned around and cringed at the character beside me. Travis. What the heck?

"Yeah... what do you want?" I said slowly, making my eyebrow arch as I was totally weirded out. He wanted to make fun of me in my face, I'm sure of that.

"Nothin', just wanna chill." he shrugged and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

No. Hell. No.

"So, what's in the box?" He raised an eyebrow as I moved to get away from his arm. It was warm and just as muscular. And he smelled good too.

"Nothing. Just some stuff." I saw Ave approach us with a bewildered look on her face.

"Hey, babe. Lookin' for Will?" He said as Ave squeezed in between us.

"Nah, I'm wonderin' watchu doin' here?" Travis removed his arm and folded it over his chest. "I don't care 'bout Will." she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"Oh, I'm here just waiting for' 'dem boys." he said with a cheesy grin on his face. "Plus, Janelle's over here looked lonely." he looked at me and winked. My eyes grew larger as I looked away.

Travis is cute - chocolate skin that was mostly inked, thick dark lips, big almond-shaped hazels and a body all the girls want to hop on (and they do) and an amazing jawline. Yeah, he was scruffy sometimes because of his mini afro which he barely combed, but he was really cute. But he is such a pervert. He's twice the pervert Will is!

"I'm fine." I said looking away. What did he even want? A blue cadillac pulled into the student parking lot and found its usual spot. Miguel hopped out and he didn't have his leather jacket on. This was a very rare picture.

"I'll see you mamis later." he winked and ran to his friend. I rolled my eyes and finally breathed. I didn't think I would ever.

"What's with him?" Ave chuckled. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"He wanted to make fun of me alone, I guess." she gave me a grin when she saw the box on my lap.

"Go give it to him." She said knocking on it.

"I am." I said looking at him. He gave me one glance before heading back to the car with Travis. He let the top down and I realised Josh was in the back. He popped out of the now convertible laughing.

"Go!"

"Okay!" I said standing up like a dog with its tail between it's legs. She nodded when I gave her one last glance and walked over to the convertible.

Miguel.

"Light it up!" Travis told Josh who was lighting up the blunt. "How much you got?" He enquired me.

"I rolled 3 and smoked the other." I smiled and Travis punched my shoulder. "The fuck?" I winced in pain. He wasn't nice about that hit.

"You smoked my shit?" I punched him back and he winced too.

"Stop it, faggots!" Josh said as he passed the joint to me. He blew out the smoke in rings. I grabbed it and sucked it in, it felt like it was frying my fucking brain cells. I exhaled, along with all the bullshit in my life—from my mom's sudden visit, to Tammy and to Janelle.

Speaking of the devil, she was approaching the ride. She had a box in her hand and she looked really good. Her hair was flat ironed into a tight knot at the top of her head, her lips looked lusciously delicious as she licked them quickly and her eyes were finally visible because she didn't have her glasses on, they were on her head. "Aye, look at Janelle, man. What does she want?" Josh said and Travis snatched the blunt. I was too high to even notice. I was too high on her.

"Miguel." She said with her voice soft. She looked around really nervous.

"Gimme a second guys." I got out of the car and grabbed her hand, leading her away where we'd actually get privacy. "Wassup?" I said when we finally were away from the car.

"I have your project. It's done." she said handing me the box in her hands. I took it and opened it, finding a blue and yellow robot inside and a remote controller of a toy car.

"Looks nice. Thanks." I said with a smile, causing her to smile. She nodded.

"Cool. I'll leave you to take care of..." she pointed to the car, referring to our activities. "... whatever you were doing there." she hurried away but I grabbed her hand quickly, almost dropping the box. "What?" She looked up at me with those... those... those eyes of hers.

"I, I, I... shit!" I said in frustration. She gave me a funny bewildered look before walking away, while I let her.

I returned to the car and dumped the box in the back. I got a text from Will.

Will: I'm not coming. Meet me at the 7/11. (08:41)

"Aye, Will said we should meet him at the 7/11. He ain't comin' here." I said locking my cellphone.

"A'ight." I snatched the blunt from Travis and finished it. I started the car and we drove out of the parking lot. I glanced Janelle one last time before driving out. She looked at me confused as I rolled out slowly.