Chapter 15

Ava sat quietly on the couch going threw her phone. Dominic had left a few hours ago he told her he'd text her when he got the chance. Apparently his brother had come in from out of town last night. She checked her messages once again but to her dismay he hadn't text her. Instead it was Kaleigh.

Ava pressed the call button and pressed the phone to her ear. "Hey hot stuff. How's life?" Ava laughed Kaleigh was married to her high school sweet heart Johnathon Dowenry even though everyone was certain that they wouldn't last a month they lasted a year and had a daughter in the process. "Hey Johnathon where's Kaleigh?" Like Ava needed to ask she could hear her screaming from down the hall.
"Dealing with Erica again."
"Oh god what did she do this time?" Johnathon sighed "She is going threw that terrible two phase again. God if anyone told me that Erica would be this much I would have made sure we used protection." Ava made a face "Eww god stop. Look I want to talk to Kaleigh so go get her."

She heard him walking threw the house searching for Kaleigh "Hey honey, Ava is on the phone."
"Great take care of your daughter please." Kaleigh grabbed the phone out his hand and jogged into the other room "Hey you."
"Hey I miss you!" Ava says "Same girl. Anything new with you guys out there?"

Ava and Kaleigh had been close friends since they met in sixth grade it seemed almost unreal that they were separated for this long. Kaleigh did have a life she was going to school and was a full time mother to her two year old Erica. "Well I went out on a date last night." Silence on the other line just as Ava had expected "Was he a real guy?"
"Shut up Kaleigh of course he was." Kaleigh laughed mockingly "It was an honest question." Ava rolls her eyes "Yeah I guess but I must say he was quite the charmer." Kaleigh sucked in her breath "Ooooohh really more info. I'm dying over here! Jay hasn't done anything romantic in months." Ava explained every detail of the story to her friend.

Shortly after she had finished Erica had apparently thrown a toy truck at her father and Kaleigh had to take care of it. "We'll catch up later okay. I love you bestie." Kaleigh said making a kissy noise "Love you too."

Ava sat in silence for a few minutes she couldn't believe how much time had flown. It all seemed like yesterday that her, Kaleigh, and Claudia were stirring up trouble in Claudia's bug. She closed her eyes and started to count

1,2,3,4...

1,2,3,4...

Bing

Ava glanced down at her phone, new message received. She automatically checked it

'Hello Lovely, had a great night last night. Can't wait to see you again soon hopefully. When are you free?'

Ava laughed out loud Dominic was really too curious.
And pushy.
And charming.
And... Stop.
There was no way in hell Ava was going to sit here and daydream about Dominic. She wasn't twelve, plus she had to get ready for school anyways. That degree wasn't going to appear at her command