Chapter 18

Joshua's POV

"No, no, no." She repeated over and over as she lightly touched her stomach. "This can't be happening, my kid is going to grow up without a dad and I'm not ready to be a mom..." She rambled on. "I will be a terrible mother. I can barely take care of myself and-"

I cut her off not wanting to hear anymore. I went up to her and held her hand, "Listen to me Mari. you are not alone. You have Yoandri." I assured her.

"But he doesn't want me to begin with." She cried. "I'm not even sure if I want him." She truthfully told me. "I don't know how to feel Joshua. He wouldn't want to accept this. I can't do this to him."

"And why not?" I asked, afraid of her answer.

"Because he deserves to live his life. He shouldn't be stuck with a girl who is still moping around and is now pregnant with her dead boyfriend's kid." She said harshly. "Yoandri doesn't deserve this, he doesn't." She cried in my shoulder.

"Mari this isn't anything bad. A kid is a blessing." I tried to start off.

"I know it is." She snapped. "I will keep my kid, if that's what you're wondering. I will raise it and take care of it, but I'm afraid." She confessed the tears never leaving her eyes.

"Yoyo will be there for you." I told her once again.

"But what if he's not? I wouldn't blame him if he decides to leave."

"If he's not there for you, then I will. You will not go through this alone Mari. I promise you that. For now you have me and then you will have Yoyo, just trust me." I begged her. I will keep this promise even if it's the last thing I do.

"Really? You'll be there for me?" She asked. I nodded in response. She hugged me "Thank you so much Joshua, it means a lot to me."

"But promise me one thing first, you will tell Yoandri everything. About Joel and about the kid, I know that you might not be ready, but don't you think he deserves to know?" I asked her.

"Joshua, I was going to tell him before New Year's Eve. I just don't know how to do it." She sincerely told me.

"Just tell him the truth, he'll understand." I tried to smile at her. I knew how hard it is for her to be going through this in so little time. She must be terrified and if I'm being honest, so am I.

"How are you so sure?" She asked. Doubt written all over her face.

"Because I know him better than anyone." I simply replied.

~~~~~
Merry Navidad everyoneeee! I hope you are all having a great time with your loved ones!

Thank you all so much for the support! I might not be updating in a while, I'll be a bit busy.

Love you all ♡