2

"What can I get you love?" I knew I recognized his voice but I'm not sure where from. When I turned I saw his curly hair.

"Why hello Brad," I said with the biggest goofiest smile on my face. 

"It's pretty crazy I have run into you twice in one day Charlie."

"Are you sure you're not following me?" I winked. He laughed. He had a good laugh, a contagious one. I couldn't help but smile.

"So love what can I get you to drink?"

"I will have whatever you are having."

We grabbed our drinks and walked away from the bar. We started talking. He introduced me to his crew of Birmingham boys who were in town for the weekend. Syd was hitting it off with one of them so I gave her thumbs up and kept talking to Brad.

He was intriguing. He loved golden retrievers, his favorite musician was Dave Groll, and I mean he was in a band. That's what got me. I love musicians so I was automatically hooked on Brad. Bad thing is, I have a boyfriend. He goes to uni in Bristol so I do not get to see him often. Whit, short for Whitaker, is such a wonderful guy though. We have been together for about 3 years, he is my first love, my first everything.

Brad though is new, fun, exciting. A brummie musician who was literally sweeping me off my feet and I had only been talking to him for about 10 minutes.

I was thinking too much, I needed to clear my head.

"Hey Brad, do you mind if I step outside for a second? It is so hot in here."

"Yeah, I can go with you!" He said.

"That is alright, I'm going to go with Syd. She has to talk to me about something anyway."

He looked upset, but understood. I smiled and grabbed Syd's hand and dragged her outside. She was not happy with me.

"What?!" Syd said.

"Syd, this is bad bad bad." I said, "I like him. He is cute. But then there is Whit"

"Wait woah slow down! You like Brad?! Holy crap. Okay okay. Well you can't get into anything tonight; you have to see if he is worth it first. Just snag his number and maybe hang out with him before you decide what to do with Whit."

Syd is right. She is always right. I could never cheat on Whit. That would kill me, and him. With her advice, we went back inside to finish off our night. I was not going to let all these thoughts ruin my night.

Syd went right back to flirting with one of Brad's friends. I went back to talking to Brad.

"Sorry about that," I said.

"Oh love it is alright. I mean it is pretty hot in here." He winked.

I chuckled. He grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor. We danced for a long time, and had so much fun. I mean Brad was not a very good dancer, but neither am I. Finally, I was able to drag him off the dance floor and to the bar. I needed another drink.

"You've got quite the moves love." He said.

I laughed, "no way! I'm awful at dancing." I grabbed my drink from the bar.

"Oh yeah right, you definitely knew what you were doing out there."

I looked up at him while sipping on my drink and smirked. Brad then grabbed me by my waist, pulling me closer to him. I put my head down because I immediately thought of Whit. Brad lifted my head up with his finger so I was looking him in the eyes.

"You really are something, Miss Charlie." He said and smiled. He had a look in his eyes.

I knew what was coming. I could not let him kiss me, not yet at least. I mean I really wanted to kiss Brad I just could not. I absolutely could not. I looked to my left and saw Syd staring me down. She immediately shook her head and mouthed 'no.'

I put my hand on Brad's chest kind of pushing him away. The look on his face was heartbreaking.

"I'm so sorry Brad, I can't. Not tonight at least."

"Why?" He sounded angry.

"It's complicated." I looked down, upset with myself. I truly wanted to kiss him so bad. He lifted my face up again.

"It's okay love, we did just meet." He grabbed my phone. I unlocked it for him and he put his number in there. 'Bradley <3' is what he entered himself in as, I giggled. I texted him from my phone so he would have my number. I watched him enter my name in his phone as "Charlie <3." I just smiled as he stared straight into my eyes.

This boy. This boy whom I have just met is taunting me with his eyes and causing me to fall for every word that comes out of his mouth. This boy who is making me question my three-year long relationship. This boy with his brummie accent and curly hair. This boy.