Cab Ride

Three more shots each, and a 20 minutes later, one of the cabs arrived.

"I think you guys should take this one." PJ quips. "So that you can prepare the house before we arrive. You know put all the dirty magazines away, " he adds with a wink.

"I don't think you'll mind the magazines. It's photos of your mum that I'll have to hide from you." Dan laughs as PJ glares at him.

"Hurry up and go. We'll be following not long after." With those words, Dan crawled after Phil into the cab. Giving the driver their address, Dan and Phil waved to their friends as they drove off. The back windows were rolled down, allowing the air to circulate the back seat. Each of the two sticking their head out of the window, they cooled themselves ever so slightly. After a good five minutes, they were just sober enough to lessen the blurriness of their vision. Sticking their heads back in the cab, Dan and Phil looked at each other and gave happy smiles.

"How are you feeling about tonight so far?" Dan asks Phil. Phil closes his eyes and leans his head back taking a deep breath. The smile didn't leave his lips.

"It's been fantastic. I think we really needed this." Phil's finger twitch towards Dan's. Their hands were at their sides, only a few centimetres apart. Dan notices as Phil's eyes flicker down at them, and grabs hold of Phil's hand. It's okay for friends to do this, right? Yeah, they are. Just like the late night cuddling was okay, and the occasional nights that they'd sleep in the same bed, wrapped in each other's arms. It was just to help retain heat and to comfort the other. Friends are supposed to do things to help each other. Though the voice in Dan's head wanted to say otherwise, he just ignored it like he has ever sense he and Phil first Skyped.

"Yeah," Dan agrees, laying his head on Phil's shoulder. "But it's not over yet. We still have a the rest of the night to enjoy ourselves a bit more." Dan looks at Phil and gives his hand one last squeeze before reluctantly letting go.

A/N: Awe, cute little fluffy chapter