Chapter 35

"So, what did I do?" I asked everyone. I was still in the dark about what all happened and I needed to know.

"It wasn't big. You didn't kill anybody, that's all that matters." William said.

Mr.Scott came through the office door and started to walk down the hall to the theatre, "Come on kids, this is a school event. You have to attend." He said, meaning Olivia's 'funeral'. His memory about that must've come back to him.

"We're coming." Thomas said to him and flashed a smile of pearly white teeth.

As soon as Mr.Scott was gone I said, "Just tell me what I did." My voice sounded like a beg.

We were all standing in a circle, well, almost. We obviously weren't going back to the theatre, and frankly, I just wanted to leave school.

William rolled his eyes and sighed, "I'll tell when we get in the car. We're leaving." He said and started to walk towards the front doors.

Everyone followed him and now I was afraid to hear what I've done. William said it wasn't bad but, I don't know. I could've just embarrassed myself badly. Yet, I don't think that's what I've done. Nobody was laughing when my consciousness returned, everybody was screaming and had frightened faces.

We finally made it to Williams mustang and the silver Volvo. Meagan, Oliver, William and I hopped in the mustang. And the others got in the Volvo.

William backed out of the parking spot and hurried out of the lot and onto the road. I was looking out the window thinking about what I've done. The sky was grey and dark. It looked like a sign of rain.

"Do you want me to tell you or not?" William asked. My attention turned to him.

"Yes." I said. My voice sounded dry and afraid.

He nodded, "It wasn't as big of a scene, I'll tell you that first... You just sat down beside me and all of a sudden you grew really pale. Paler than your supposed to be. I looked at you and your eyes were... Foggy. But then they turned red. I knew right then that was bad. Suddenly, you stood up and walked down the row of people and stopped at an innocent looking girl. I tried to stop you before you started to walk away but you pushed my hand away. That's when the screams happened. Everyone got up and ran towards the first three rows. It was hard to see what was happening from all the people that were running by but, I caught a glimpse of you just inches away from biting that girls neck. Then you suddenly became conscious of your actions and snapped out of, whatever you were in. Right before you hurt that girl." He said.

I was silent. I was still processing what I've done in my head. I took a deep breath in and out.

"You okay Aiden?" Meagan asked me and put her hand on my shoulder. I nodded, not giving an answer.

How could I have done that? I thought. Because your a monster Aiden. A voice responded. The voice sounded evil and deep. No! I don't want to be a monster! I said to the voice. I sounded crazy, talking to voices inside my head. Oh but you are Aiden. You killed Olivia and almost killed that girl. Right in front of the school. In front of Henry and Grace. The voice said and laughed. It's laugh sounded like it was laced with poison.

"Aiden." Meagan said, snapping me back to reality. The voice no longer sounded.

"We don't want you blacking out again." Meagan said and let out a small laugh to brighten the mood a bit.

"Hehe, yeah." I said with a laugh, yet it sounded fake.

We were already pulling up into the driveway in front of the warehouse. That made me wonder how long I was talking to the voice. It didn't seem very long.

We all got out of the car and were greeted by the others that had just arrived in the Volvo. All of us went inside the warehouse together.

Once inside, I decided to lay down on the couch. I needed to relax after what happened and think things through.