01 // prologue

vincent closed his eyes, perplexed. the soft, rumpled quilt covered up his fair feet and beads of sweat trickled down the sides of his face. he breathed deeply, in and out, in and out, but somehow, he couldn't get those idyllic images out of his mind, they kept repeating themselves.

                        it was almost real. if it had been a dream, he would've shaken it off, like he always did. but it wasn't a dream. those images, they were real. the ginger hair and the brown eyes he saw, they were real. she was real. 

                     he opened his eyes, they were gray with just a hint of brown with them, and they had always been full of nothingness, but now they sparkled in the dark. running his hands through his black hair, he wondered if he'd ever meet her. but it wasn't time for all this, he needed to think about something else. he got up and his hands clasped the same dark red cup of coffee he always kept by his bedside. 

                it had gone cold, too. he idly stirred it with a spoon, forming shapes in the once frothy white cream and brought the china cup to his lips, his nose wrinkled in distaste at how flat it had gone.

                   he put it down with a clank, and got up from his bed, trying to find something to do, trying to find anything to do. but all he could think about was her.

comment okay just please do it. it makes me happy