Chapter 1: Morning Thoughts

HELLO ITACHI OR KISAME FANS. THIS IS A YAOI FANFIC AND I'M SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY SPELLING ERRORS OR ANYTHING. I KIND OF RUSHED FOR SOMEONE WHO REALLY WANTED ME TO WRITE THIS. ENJOY! COMMENT AND RATE!
----------------------------------

Six in the morning and birds quietly are singing. The sky is slowly lighting in the horizon. Itachi got up earlier today. Earlier than usual on a weekday. He got out of his bed and got dressed in more "appropriate" clothing. He wore his dark blue shirt that had a fishnet underneath aligning with the "v" shaped on it. His necklace he usually sleeps with. And some dark colored pants that matched the color of his shirt, and they were like capris. His legs were smooth and well shaped. Although he didnt have muscular calves, the young man had some nice, toned legs. His toes were colored purple like his fingernails. He glanced at himself in the mirror and tied his hair back with a red hair band. He went to the sink to brush his teeth and wash his face.

He went down for some green tea and sat at the counter. His thoughts rolling deeper than usual. Unknowingly holding onto the cup not even drinking it. He thought quietly to himself and pondered on the day when his younger brother Sasuke found him in the hotel hallway trying to kidnap Naruto Uzumaki. He could only worry how much stronger Sasuke is now that he's growing up. Itachi kept him alive because he knew that Sasuke, had the ability to survive and become strong. "The boy had potential." He thought to himself.

*Itachi POV*

"I better go upstairs and sharpen my weapons. Enough thinking. It's only the morning." He assured himself and got off the stool and left his tea he didn't take a sip of. He quietly walked down the hallway. The dark walls and small lamps hung on the hallway made the Akatsuki layer look honestly, creepy. The dark, mahogany, almost black wood floors gently made noises as the Uchiha's feet walked over them.

Kisame overheard the man's gentle footsteps. His shark sensitivity and senses could hear anything quiet as his partner's gentle, almost beautiful feet gliding over the wooden floor. Kisame got up from his bed with a tank top and black pants. He headed down the hallway.

The thing is, Kisame's bedroom wasn't upstairs. In fact, him and a couple of his colleagues had bedrooms near the first floor. The rooms were just spread far apart from the living room and kitchen. Pein reconciled and allowed them to have their rooms there. They suggested him to because they didn't want to walk down a stairwell to get water or milk or maybe even medicine if they were sick through the night.

Kisame who wasn't that tired, walked down the dark hallway surrounded by orange lanterns. He planned to head to the shower rooms that were near the stairwell to the right. He made a left sharp turn and bumped right onto the Uchiha who was in front of him. A very small gasp came from his partner and Kisame smiled with his sharp teeth.

"My, my.. It seems Itachi is awake early." Kisame said with that typical ring to his voice that always seemed to stand out from the other Akatsuki members. His voice was honestly, pretty unique.

"Oh.." Itachi smiled and glanced up at him. His hands gently touching the shark man's elbows genuinly. "Good morning, Kisame..." He greeted with a lovely, soft, almost dark tone. His dark colored eyes almost black, were absolutely alluring. He removed his hands off Kisame's elbows and stared up at him.

Kisame afterall, was much taller than Itachi; who appeared to be an average sized man. The blue skinned man was obnoxiously manly. With a body tall and frightening. But not intimidating to Itachi. Afterall, they were partners for many years.

"Where are you off to?" Kisame asked politely. "Oh, I was planning on sharpening my tools for our next mission coming up in a couple of days. Our leader will be giving us the intel tomorrow." Itachi quietly replied with a soft, tender voice.

"That sounds nice.." Kisame giggled. "Did you have any breakfast?" He asked with a genuine concern. Kisame understood how Itachi's rare illness really have started to take a toll on him the past year and a half. Coughing up blood, fatigue, nausea, and migraines. It would be so bad that sometimes, Kisame had to complete a mission alone. Kisame was used to nursing his partner sometimes when his symptoms got really bad. Kisame didn't like to see his partner suffer that way. All because of his kekkai genkai, the mangekyuo sharingan and using its abilities leads to "eternal darkness".

"No I did not, Kisame..." He answered looking away. "Well.. why don't I make you some?" Kisame warmly answered. He smiled at his partner with such care. Itachi stole a glance up at Kisame's eyes and gave in.

"Alright.." He agreed. Itachi always seemed to be pliable to Kisame. Giving in all the time. They both head off quietly to the kitchen.

"Take a seat..." Kisame suggested as he headed to the fridge. Itachi sat down at the kitchen table and leaned back to close his eyes.

"I must plan further ahead." Itachi thought to himself. "I can't forget the objective."

"Itachi..?" Kisame asked. "Yes, what is it?" Itachi replied back. "Did you take your medicine?" Kisame with concern headed to a shelf specifically for Itachi and his medication. Now that Itachi has this rare illness, he has to take his medication. Especially if he wants to live longer and live like a shinobi he deserves to be.

"No. I almost forgot." Itachi said. Kisame opened 4 jars of medicine and took out 1 from each of them except two from one of them. He gently placed the pills on Itachi's soft palm. Kisame headed to fetch some water for his partner. Itachi ingested his morning medication and glanced up at his partner.

"Thanks you.. Kisame.." He said with appreciation. He gave the cup back to Kisame's blue hand. "Of course.." Kisame smiled happily.

"Shall I make us some eggs?" Kisame suggested. "Yes. That would be nice." Itachi agreed. Kisame started cooking some fried eggs. He took out some Nori Seaweed, miso soup, and some plain white rice. Heating up the miso soup, he added some vegetable in them. Kisame took from the fridge some Onigiri. Itachi stole a glance at the man as he was cooking. His eyes watching Kisame he realized, Kisame was really the only one who helped him through this. Through this illness and struggle. He planned to head out to a Kissaten later today with Kisame.

"Hey Kisame?..." Itachi asked. "What is it?" Kisame replied as he placed the Onigiri neatly on the plates. "Do you want to go to a tea house around noon? I'm kind of craving some Dangos right now." Itachi explained. "Yeah, sure. Now that you mentioned it, I would like some of that Mitarashi dango." Kisame laughed.

Itachi smiled and closed his eyes as the sounds of fried eggs bubbled on the greasy pan, and steamed miso soup leaving a wonderful aroma throughout the air. His thoughts were slowly floating out of his mind now that his partner Kisame was with him.