I'll Protect You ((Reo Mibuchi x Reader)) AU

You ran to an open cabin and immediately locked the door. You sat as far as you can from the doors and windows and leaned on a wall. Panting, you put your empty shotgun down and tried catching your breath.
You checked your bag to search for bullets, but unluckily, you found the bottom ripped off.
"Oh no..." You mumbled to yourself. Being alone in a cabin in the middle of the woods surrounded by zombies didn't help you calm down either.
You breathed deeply as you roamed around the cabin looking for something that can help you fight off those zombies.
Suddenly, someone started knocking on the door rapidly. It seemed as if it was going to break down any second from the force. You grabbed the unloaded gun and pointed it at the direction of the door, hoping for the best. Your breathing was ragged and you heart started beating really fast.
The knob then started to shake as if the "thing" from outside was trying to open it.
Closing your eyes, you took a deep breath and got ready.

After a few moments, the door finally gave up and opened. You let out a scream and ran towards the "thing" with closed eyes and tried to hit it with the tip of your gun.
"Woah woah woah! (Y/n)-chan! It's me! Don't worry!" Yelled a familiar voice and chuckled.
You looked up at them and saw your partner, Reo. "R-Reo-kun... I-I thought... I-I... You..."
"Don't worry, (Y/n)-chan. I'm right here. Don't worry. Those zombies won't hurt you as long as I'm here." He patted you head as you took breaths rapidly.

After calming you down, Reo took you to the hideout and let you rest. You did take a rest and slept.
"Man, those zombies kept coming. It seems like... Like there's an unlimited supply of them somewhere!" Kotaro stated, leaning on a chair and putting his arms behind his head. "How can we kill them all? It's like everyone in the world, except for us of course, turned into zombies!" He continued on rambling. "We might not make it! What if we lost all supplies of food and end up eating each other? Or worse! What if we turn zombie too!" He started fake-panicking.
Due to his noisiness, you stirred awake and sat up. You rubbed your eyes and yawned. Opening up your eyes, the first thing you saw was Reo right beside you. "Reo-kun?" You asked, still a little drowsy.
"Hm?" He looks at you and plays with your hair, twirling a lock around his finger.
"Do.. Do you think we can make it?" You asked him.
"Of course! What gave you the idea?" He smiled gently at you and let go of your hair. You looked at Kotaro and Reo immediately knew. He sighed and laughed a little. "Don't worry, (Y/n)-chan, he was just kidding."
You nodded your head and looked outside the bulletproof window. It was dark and creepy. You missed your old life. No zombies, no hideouts, no running away from flesh-eating walking dead...
"(Y/n)," You hear the leader, Akashi, call out to you.
"Y-yes?" You averted your eyes from the window to him. Reo also turned his attention to him.
"It's nothing. I was only checking if you were okay. Did you have a good sleep?" He asked, he seems as if he didn't really care but deep down, he deeply cared for his comrades.
"Y-yeah. I'm okay now." You forced a happy smile.
"That's, uh, good to hear." You knew he didn't believe you. Because he knows everything. He walked away and joined the others as they made plans.

"(Y/n)-chan, is there something wrong?" Reo asks.

"N-nothing! Reo-kun!" You flailed your arms about to convince him.

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

"Mm hm..?"

"No."

"Tell me what's bothering you, (Y/n)-chan, dear."

"I miss the old life we had. Without these damned hideouts and stupid zombies."

"I do too, dear, but, this is life as it is now. We can't go back to the past and prevent it. We have to move on and live present as it is." He sighed and ruffled your hair.

"I... I guess you're right." You gave him a close-eyed smile. "This is our priority now. Past is past." You continued.

"That's the spirit, (Y/n)-chan!" He smiled. "Don't worry, I'll always be here. I'll protect you."