Chapter 11

|Chapter 11|

I woke up to someone climbing in bed beside. I sat up and opened my eyes.

"How was the date?" He laughed.

"It was amazing." I smiled and he rolled his eyes.

"I bet. So what did you do?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Went to a fancy Italian restaurant and drank wine," I said and he just nodded. "What did you guys do?"

"Nothing. We just watched t.v., put a puzzle together, and played Barbies. It was really a new experience for me." I laughed and got out of the bed. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth. I walked out of my room and to the living room.

"Lexi, mommy's home." I whispered and she sat up.

"I'm tired, get away." She turned over.

"Rude. What do you want for breakfast?" She sat up quickly.

"French toast!" She jumped up and hugged my legs.

"Did you have fun with daddy last night?" I asked and she nodded.

"We played Barbies! It was so funny. He was Barbie." She laughed.

"Do you want to help me?" I asked and she nodded. "Go get daddy. He's helping." She ran off to my room. I don't know what the hell he's doing in there. She walked out with her hand in his and he sighed.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"You two are helping me make French toast, duh." I turned walking to the kitchen.

"You should kiss her." I heard Alexia say.

"She would hurt me." They walked in.

"I dare you! Go!" She waved him on. It wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened.. WHAT AM I SAYING!? He leaned over and kissed my cheek. I wiped my cheek and hit his wrist.

"Don't you ever." I said and he laughed.

"She dared me to!" He said and I shook my head.

"You don't have to feel pressured." I pat his shoulder. He removed my hand and I began getting out things to make French toast.

***

It took forever and I finally finished them. I gave them their plates and sat at the table. My phone chimed.

Brandon- Morning beautiful.

That's what Cameron used to say.

Rayne- Morning handsome.

I couldn't deny it. I was smiling so hard.

"Why are you doing that?" He asked from across the table.

"What?" I locked my phone.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked.

"Because I can," I said and he gave me a look. I remembered something. "I have a question." I took their plates.

"What?" He stared at me.

"When's the last time you talked to Luke?" I sat them in the sink.

"Probably like a week ago. Why?" I laughed.

"Well, why did you tell him to tell Mandy to tell me to give you another chance?" He shook his head.

"I didn't." He's lying.

"Liar!" I threw a fork at him.

"Okay, maybe I did. I want you back." I shook my head.

"No." I said and he grabbed my waist.

"Rayne, please. We can all be together and-"

"Stop," I said as tears welled in my eyes. "Don't say you want it all now."

"I do! Please, I just.. I want this." I shook my head.

"No. You left me when I needed you the most. What if something like that happens again? You'd probably leave me again. I can't do it again." I removed his hands and wiped my eyes.

"Fine! I'm really trying and you won't give me a chance at all!" He raised his voice.

"Don't play that card! You hurt me and you think because you said a few nice words I'll just come running back to you? Nice fucking try." I laughed and he grabbed my face and his lips met mine. I tried pulling away as tears fell down my face, but he wouldn't let me. I pushed on his shoulders and he held me tighter. I refused to kiss him back and he let me go.

"Kiss me." He said and I shook my head.

"No." I realized Alexia had been here the whole time.

"You don't miss us at all?" He said and I sighed.

"I can't. I need to move on." I stared at the floor and he walked in front of me. He grabbed me throwing me over his shoulder. He walked back to my room and threw me down on the bed.

"Then kiss me one last time." He said and I sighed.

"Fine." I said and he shut the door. He laid me back on the bed and began kissing me. It was just as good as it was when I was nineteen, but better. My arms wrapped around his neck and soon his lips went down to my neck. I grabbed onto his hair and but my lip. This is really wrong. I just went on date with Brandon. He began sucking on my collarbone. But... it was only the first date. I can make an exception.. He turned us over and I removed the shirt from his head. I began kissing his chest as his hands went through my hair. His hands tugged on the bottom of my shirt and I pulled away.

"That's going a little too far." I whispered and he groaned.

"Take it off." He demanded and I sighed. I removed it and he turned us over.

"You said a kiss." I rolled my eyes and he smirked.

"I never say what I mean." I nodded.

"I know. Just like when told me you loved me." He held my hands down by my sides and glared down at me.

"I loved you and I still do. I never stopped." He began kissing me again.

"Then why'd you leave?" He shrugged. "I know why. Because you're an immature asshole."

"I was immature. I want this now. I want you Rayne." He said and I sighed.

"I won't do it again." I shook my head.

"Let's try." He begged and I shook my head.

"Not again." I said and he threw my shirt at me. He put his back over his head and walked out of the room. Seconds later I heard the front door slam shut. I sighed and laid back.