Chapter one- after the expo

"Bucky that was incredible!" You murmured, as you clutched onto his arm while clumsily balancing on the side of the pathway.

"Yeah the Starks expo was pretty amazing, but I don't think I would ever even sit in one of his flying cars" Bucky said, he held onto your shoulder, making sure you wouldn't fall.

"I dunno..." you sighed " it seems fun". You jumped of the sidewalk and and stumbled to catch up to Bucky.

"You're crazy" Bucky chuckled, he cooly draped his arm your shoulder and looked up. Your chatter dying off into a comfortable silence. You felt warmth radiating off Bucky as you snuggled in closer to his chest. You could hear his breathing quickly become more rapid as you slowly leaned your head onto his body.

Bucky and you weren't really anything, just friends who occasionally flirted with each other. You had known each other for about four and a half years, just meeting each other by chance at the local diner. You remember him shamelessly trying to flirt his way to a date with you, but the flirting just slowly morphed into a friendly conversation.

You stared at his sharp uniform and felt a breath hitch in your throat. He was being shipped off soon, leaving Steve and herself alone. Although, Steve would probably run off to the war soon after him. Then she truly be alone.

"You're awfully quiet tonight, not that I'm complaining" Bucky joked and snapped you out of your daydream.

"Oh shut up" you mumbled, while gently smacking his side. "You'll be gone soon"

"Don't think about that, doll." He said, "I'll be back before you know it. Besides you'll be happy I'm gone, no more annoying Bucky. Yeah?"

"Yeah" you nodded, but felt tears threatening to prick out of your eyes.

"Come on, darling. Don't think about it just yet. I'll write to you every week I promise." Bucky voice sounded different and his face was turned away.

"I suppose, that could all be avoided if you'd just let me go" you pleaded.

"No, y/n" Bucky's voice was starting to get louder and much more frantic.

"Come on Bucky, I could go along as an army nurse, they said I'm qualified"

"No, you'll stay here were its safe"

"Fine, but you know here's not safe anymore" you sighed.

All of the excitement from the expo had suddenly disappeared and the air was filled with dread as you both began to think about the near future.

You blinked back tears and stared at Bucky, his face was grim and he had a wide frown plastered on his face. He didn't need this now, so you poked his side and he look down at you.

"Cheer up Bucky, It'll be fine, as long as you write to me, if not I'll go up there and personally yell at you" you said, while trying to lighten the mood.

He grinned and laughed, his laughter echoed down the street and a smirk had replaced his frown. "Alright doll, what ever you say".

After shortly arriving at your apartment and he turned to face you. The tips of your toes touched and his eyes seemed to be drinking you in.

After a minute you held his tie and pulled his face down towards you and pressed your cold lips on his, his lips seemed warm and moved passionately against yours.

Bucky pulled your waist towards his own and pushed you against the front door, untill there was no space between you and him.
He pushed his hand up your thigh and against your hip while his other hand was wrapped around the back of your head. You started to move your hands up his body, just to tease him. A moan escaped his lips, as you brought your hands to his neck and pulled him closer, if that was even possible at that point. At last he pulled away and put his forehead on yours.

"Who taught you how to kiss like that?" Bucky murmed, your lipstick was smeared around his mouth and his once neat hair was sticking upwards.

You laughed and blushed.

"Did you want to come in?" You whispered.

"Of course, doll."