Chapter two-one night stand

You slowly opened your eyes and gently rubbed the sleep out of your eyes. Your hair was a mess and you had an unfamiliar taste in your mouth.

A quiet snore behind you made you twitch and turn around. It was James Barnes, your best friend. You'd been friends forever, but this was new.

Not wanting to leave in a hurry, you laid down and closed your eyes. A million thoughts were rushing threw your mind.

What if this was a mistake to him?

Does he just want to remain friends, amd pretend nothing ever happened?

I mean, we were both slightly drunk, so most likely a druken mistake to him.

You shook your head violently to get the negative thoughts out of your head. We were best friends we could have a civilized conversation about this.

Suddenly you heard knocking on the door. After putting on one of Bucky's massive tops that hung low over your knees, you hesitantly walking towards the door of Bucky's apartment and peeked out the window.

It was just Steve. He was awkwardly standing there fiddling with the edge of his oversized shirt, everything looked oversized on him.

You nearly didn't let him in, but he continued knocking loudly and you couldn't let Bucky wake up, you needed more time to think about what happened.

"Steve shut up!" You hissed while whipping open the door. He got one look at your messy hair, swollen lips and t-shirt and immediately knew what happened.

"Uh..I can come back later." He mumbled, not making eye contact with her.

"No, I need your help" you cried, while dragging Steve threw the door and pushing him onto the couch.

"What happened?" Steve asked, he didn't seem like he was disappointed or judging you, just worried.

"I dunno, we were drunk, not much but it just happened!" I exclaimed with my hands dropped in my lap.

"Well, did you want to?" Steve said. I stayed silent, I suppose my silence answered his question. Steve nodded and put one hand on my back.

"It's ok y/n, I probably shouldn't tell you, but Bucky does really like you...in that way" he said while smiling. You whipped your head up and gently smiled at Steve.

"I doubt it Steve" you mumbled.

"You'd be surprised," he said while slightly laughing to himself, "I'll make some coffee." He gave you one more pat on the back before shuffling into the kitchen.

You waited a few minutes and picked up a book next to you and skimmed a few pages.

"Hey..." Bucky mumbled. You looked up and he was leaning on the door way, with his hair sticking upwards, his tired eyes squinting at you and his groggy morning voice you couldn't help but feel more attracted towards him. As if you were drawn towards him.

"Hey, uh... I'm going to get changed." You said while pushing past him.

"Ok but did we-" he shouted as you started closing the door.

"Yep, yeah we did," you said nervously while slamming the door. You could hear whispering in the other room, but you didn't dare listening. He didn't seem like he regretted it, he just seemed tired. Understandable, last night was....long. It was honestly amazing, it was as if nothing else mattered.

You pulled your dark red dress past your hips and struggled to zip it up. You heard someone tap on the door. You sighed, but decided there was no point avoiding them.

"Come in!" You shouted.

"Hey, y/n. Need help with that." He said and gestured at your dress.

You hesitated before saying: "sure."

He walked up to you and started to slowly zip up your dress, you could feel his warm breath on your back. Before finishing to zip up the dress he started to talk.

"So, I know your panicking that last night didn't mean anything to me, but it did." He said softly.
You stiffened up before quickly relaxing and smiling.

"Did it mean anything to you?" He asked.

"Yes, yes, of course", you said and frantically nodded your head.

"Good", he said before pressing a soft kiss on the back if your neck.
"Steve's made coffee, lets go get some, alright", he grasped your hand and you smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, lets go", you walked, hand in hand with Bucky to the scent of fresh coffee.