New Employee

JustBeYouPookie THANK YOU FOR EDITING THIS! WITHOUT YOUR HELP IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A DISASTER!!!! AND THANK YOU FOR BEING AN AMAZING FRIEND!

strawberryM1KO MADE THIS FANTASTIC COVER, THANK YOU!

Picture on top: Uniform
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Sang's POV

*Ding*
The bell chimed signaling a new customer coming in. Looking up I see a woman and what looks like a teenage boy entering. Noticing the similarities I could tell that they were related; mother and son. They walked right to the cash register, where I was at, which I thought was odd considering that all customers seated themselves then come and pay.

"Hello, welcome to Bob's Diner. How may I help you?" I say, putting a smile on my face as I greeted them. The women had big beautiful brown eyes with thick long eyelashes that girls would kill for and soft black curls framing her beautifully tanned face, wearing only lipgloss to make her lips shine. She looked like she was in her mid-thirties.

"Good morning," she greeted me with her heavily accented voice. If I had to guess I'd say she sounded hispanic. "I was wondering if Uncle was here?"

"Oh," I said surprised by her question. "Yes, but of course. Would you like me to bring him here for you?" I asked.

At the moment all the boys were on a mission. They left me here under Uncle's care while they're gone.

"Please," she says.

I smile and nod at her. Turning around I head towards the kitchen, only hesitating a second before entering. I don't want to leave the cash register unattended, but it will only be a second.

I look around as soon as I enter through the double doors. I spot his black bandana on the other side of the kitchen.

"Uncle!" I try to yell above the noise. "Uncle!" I keep on yelling his name with no luck, my vocal cords useless. The burden my mother put on me.

A few of the staff look towards me and seeing that I have no luck in catching his attention, they have sympathy on me and call him.

Uncle's head pops up and he looks towards the person that was calling him. The staff motions towards me and Uncle's gaze turns towards me. He raises one eyebrow in question. I make a 'come here' gesture with my hands.

He walks towards me while wiping his hands on his apron.

"What's the matter little bird?" he asks when he's in front of me.

I crank my head back a little as I look up at his face. It still amazes me how a man of his age could keep in shape and look not a day over 40. With his intimidating height and muscle he is definitely North's uncle, but like Luke, this man is all mischief and smiles. Serious only when he necessarily has to be.

I smile at his concern. "A lady is asking for you."

"Did she give you a name?" he asks.

I shook my head. "No. I'm sorry uncle. I forgot to ask..." I say, disappointed in myself.

"Hey, hey, now. That's okay, no biggie. Put that frown away little bird, a face as beautiful as yours should never be frowning," he said with a little smile on his face.

I just blushed and smiled. I know that there's no disagreeing with Uncle.

"Ah, that's better. Like the boys, I hate to see your face sad," he said. "Now," he clapped unexpectedly, making me flinch." Let's go see who's calling."