How It Began

~I really am horrible with time.

That is all that rushes through my head as I race into the building trying to get to class on time. I pass the doorstep just as the second bell rings.

"Your late Miss Chaput." I roll my eyes as I head up to the front desk.

"Do you really think I care?" I question Brady giving him a knowing look. The class starts snickering, I, however, turn on my laptop to finish the lesson from last day.

"Class I really should not need to explain much, you take pretty pictures! Okay, simple." I said to them, not wanting to revise anything. The class laughs as they start to get up. They should have taken notes and listened, that's enough for me. As they get up I quickly start to say instructions over their noise.

"It's no point just let them go then explain after," Brady said knowing they were never going to hear. I nod and head over to the board.

"Can you go keep an eye on them while I do this?" I ask him as I start to jot notes down on the board. I turn around and realize he's already left.

It doesn't take long before I finish the notes for the class. I go back to my desk and open my laptop. I don't have much to do so I open a tab for the photo editing that we will do later, I would much prefer to go and get a coffee but if something were to happen I would definitely be needed. I click upload and start to look for a good picture to edit for the class, as I look through I find a ton of old pictures that I've done before.

It was cute looking at what I did when I was twelve. Putting a dog's head on my brothers, simple yet satisfying.
I find a picture and set everything up, not that there's much to set up. It's getting boring in here all alone but just as I head towards the door a couple of the kids run in.

"They're here! There are military officers here!"

"Do you think they're gonna protect us?"

"Woah! Slow down, did you just say the military are here?!" I ask, but I knew, they were saying there's been a disease, an epidemic all over the news. I run down the hall towards the exit. As I get outside I look up, indeed, the military were here but not coming to protect us, they were heading towards Atlanta.

"Rose!" I hear someone call my name turning around I see Brady running my way.

"I don't know what's going on, but it's not safe here. There're crazy people, they're cannibals!" He says looking distraught. I look at him with worry in my eyes, as I start to say something else I hear it. I knew it was coming and then I hear it. The moans, the growls, they're here and ready to kill.

"Everyone get inside now!"

I run inside, knowing Brady will follow as I run towards the library. Though right now I am not running inside for sanctuary, I am running inside to get to Scarlett. I'm just about there when I bump into someone head on.

"We have to get out of here now!" I say, glad I've found her. I turn around to Brady. "Let's head to my house it's just down the road!"

We run through the halls and out the side doors. They're already here. The walkers at the doors and scraping at the windows, just trying to get to their prey.

I motion to the others to follow quietly. We sneak behind the placement containers towards the road.

Now I have a problem, take the quick way or the safe way? I can't wait too long, it isn't safe out here. I don't even take a second blink, by that time I'm already racing towards the main road, the quick way.
                                                                                   *********