Celebrity Skin

Teased and tousled mess of wavy, raven curls cover my animated face, as the pounding bass of The Ramones 'California sun' meet my ears as as I enter the grungy, shady apartment building. Almost every apartment in here is throwing a New Years Eve party and a combination of different genres of music spiral up into a mixture of thumping out of tuned melodies as I stepped in. My beat-up, black doc martens stomping up the place as I await the elevator.

I anxiously glance at the graffitied mirror across from the elevator, taking in my appearance. Naturally large dilated, dark eyes with smudged eyeliner, mascara filled eyelashes, with glimmering, glittery eye-shadow running across my eyelids. My pink pouty lips, now colored a deep red rum. The short burgundy, spaghetti strap dress, compliments my illuminating tan,  caramel skin.

Pulling up my falling black stockings up towards my thighs, I head towards the gritty staircase, ditching the ever so long taking elevator.
"This party will go out of style, by the time it comes down."

Huffing and mumbling to myself as I ascend the stairs, the fading, loud whoops and hollers of mingling people can be heard all the way from the lobby entrance, assuring all my anxieties that good times will be certain here.

At first I was turning reluctant as I reached the 6th floor, debating weather I should stroll in or turn back, but my options were crushed the moment someone from the inside, bursts open the door to apartment '6D'.
"Nah man, don't worry it won't take much long...Woah, hey Kiddo!"

A slurring voice calls out to me. I'd recognize that voice anywhere.
"Oh, hey Saul, how-how's it going?"
I practically scream over the loud nostalgic 70s punk music playing from inside as I gave him a once over. Faded jeans cling to his hips, a dirty pair of flaming red cowboy boots a dark, flannel with the first few button undone and a damaged leather jacket hangs over his shoulders as well as his signature top hat sits upon his huge mess of frizzy curls. A bunch of rings, bracelets and necklaces decorate his frame as well.

"Dude, I'm psyched you made it! I'm glad you didn't take the late shift at the bar, let some poor 'ol fucker serve those sorrowful drunks tonight!"

Saul responds as he strolls towards me, arms wide going in for a friendly hug.
"Dude, you're one of those sorrowful drunks, are you forgetting how we met?"
I teasingly say to him, as I give him a playful nudge on the shoulder.
"Ouch, way to hurt my ego, anyway come on in, I'll be back in a bit, gonna go see if I can score some good yayo."
He shamelessly admits and points towards the roughed up door of '6D' as he goes towards the staircase and begins to run down the steps.
"I'll catch up with you when I come back!"

He shouts as his voice slowly begins to fade the further he runs down. Shaking my head, I suck in my breath and saunter over towards the door. With the exception of Slash, I knew no one in this party, but as I turned the door knob to go in, I can see it wouldn't matter if I did or didn't.

Sweaty bodies in tight colorful clothing, head banging to good hearty music. Heels of all hues graciously moving on the rainbow confetti filled floor. Shimmering banners of "New Year 1986" plastered all over the vandalized walls as well as decorated on some bodies zooming by. The dim and fluorescent lights flashing around the whole apartment, giving it this nostalgic glam streak to it.

Everything is so lively and popping out. In one corner you have party goers injecting themselves with morphine or heroin, either one it be, getting their kicks in. In the other, couples or one nights stands sprawled across the floors and laying on rotting couches grinding on each other amongst of what seems to be dirty talking and a lot of riling up done to the other. Of course present in every gathering, are the party animals pushing through yelling non-sense while streaking unexpected victims.
Everything is a showering chaotic mess, yet it is wildly fulfilling.