Camp Hannah

“I tear my heart open,

       I sew myself shut,

         My weakness is,

      that I can’t do much.

      My scars remind me,

                                                                      that the past is real

     I tear my heart open,

                                                                          Just to feel.”

                                Papa Roach, Scars

The mostly packed bus was dead quiet, forcing me to keep the music screaming out of my red head phones to a bare minimum and my right hand shot with pain as a cramp overtook all of its feelings.  I swept over the drawing in my lap, disgust showing its self on my face.

“Another shitty piece of work, wonder if I’ll ever like my stuff.” My inner monolog took over and my eyes rolled at the thought of ever being in a good state of mind.

“Everyone this is our last stop, make room for the new arrivals, and I’m giving you a fair warning, though I think it’s just because I’m in a good mood, wear tennis shoes and something you can jump in. Have fun on your first day Camp Hannah.” The skinny old man driving the bus said over the loud speakers.

A snort escaped from my disbelieve-ridden face. “Yeah how come my I have a feeling first day of Fat Camp ain’t gonna be fun!” My voice rang threw my head again.

Two guys had just passed the seat next to me, one with black hair scrambled against the boy behind him, whispering frantically pushing him backwards.

Wow he’s a dick. Perv, is what rang threw my head.  The line started to get backed up and a guy behind twittle-de and twittle-dum sighed in irritation.

“Is this seat taken?” Came from the annoyed by stander.

“Nope.” I answered, popping the ‘p’ my eyes focusing on the ground.

“I’m Aaron.” He said after his black bag touched the floor.

My manners jumped in and I was forced to look at his face. He read like an open book, giving me flashbacks of when I was as eager to let everyone in, I learnt different and I hope he never had to do it the way I did. The smile that broke a crossed his pale, fighting to be angler face, was like opening a present on Christmas Day.

A giggle escaped my disapproving half smile. Aaron was tall, so much that his knees were cramped against the back of the seat in front of him and his shoulders were very broad, they easily could have touched mine if I wasn’t half pressed against the window.

Aaron’s head shifted lower at the sound of my laugh. He whispered something out, his lips moving, but the sound not making it to my ears. Aaron was bending down to grab his bag when I realized I had offended him. I couldn’t help myself but I burst out in a fit of giggling, a feeling and action that hasn’t happened in years.

I raised my right pointer finger, trying to indicate my need for him to wait a moment. After my body was finished jerking on controllably, I tilted my face to meet his questioning glance.

“ I’m sorry…  I didn’t mean my laugh as a bad thing. Really, I just… well I was thinking that seeing your smile was like opening a gift. Then you said something that I couldn’t quite make out.” I poorly explained, a blush coloring my pale face.

I lifted an earphone from my now straining ears and showing him my difficulties.  The bus hit an uncomfortable bump and my sketch  pad flung from my lap and onto the floor in front of me.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I just overacted, when you’re my size and gay at the same time it’s easy to take things the wrong way. So you were just being your giggly self?” Aaron’s worried glance had me wanting to comfort him.

“Uhhh, no I don’t usually giggle, I guess you bring out the best in me? I’m Morgan by the way.” My smile hopefully reassuring him.  

I bent down to grab my discarded art and quickly shoved it in one of my bags.

“First time here at camp?” He asked me.

“Haha, how’d you know?” I answered trying to put on a guilty looking face.

My hands easily turned off my Zune and wrapped the head phones around the sleek black surface. Pulling my purse into my lap, I unzipped it and dropped it into the dark abyss.

“Well, look at you. Your smaller then all of us, plus I think I would remember such a beautiful girl. How old are you anyways?”He said making the feeling of not fitting in take over me again.

“I’m 17, and I’m not that smaller than half the people here. Thank you… too bad you found your direction. Haha, you just look like a teddy bear made for hugs.” My face flushed red, as I thought over what I just said to him.

“Really? You’re as old as some of the councilors and you look fine the way you are. I have this feeling that I will be taking a lot of your hugs.” He smiled to me.

The road was now in a violent fight with our bus, bouncing and jolting us in every which direction. My back was still resting along the window when a very big pothole made an appearance, banging my head back against the window.

My hand shot out to rub the now sore spot and my body moved to rest on the seat. Which caused my shoulder to brush along Aaron’s just as I thought it would.

“And here is number one of a million.” Aaron told me as he held out his arm as to say come to momma.

My body and head weren’t thinking along the same lines because I ended up folded into his embrace. My nerves didn’t kick in and the feeling of wanting to wash my skin didn’t affect me.

“Everybody off!” A built man screamed out, jolting me more than the road to hell did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked it. Give me some feed back. Review, become a fan, vote?? I do expect hate to come with it, so don't be afraid.

This is my first wattpad story, but i think it's pretty darn good.

Next chapter up soon!

~ Megan

P.s. picture of Aaron to the side!!