5..4..3..2..1.

*You should play the song and read, it's pretty cute<(•///•)>
<3 <3*
(Authors note: They are in New York cus' the Big apple is pretty during the holidays, so disregard all Homestuck locations cus',, this is my story and I'd thought it'd be cute. Also note this is like 80 years after New Years so, I'm sorry.)

Be Jake English. You are in your house all alone and making hot coco for your friends who would be there in 15 min for a New Years party. :D

The house was really quiet. I usually have Jade here but, she's out with her friends for the holidays. I thought to myself ,'This is it. Tonight, I'm going to claim Dirk as mine.' I could feel my face furiously heat up. I pressed my cheeks in and yelled. "WHY IS THIS SO DAMN HARD!" I have had feelings for Dirk ever since that hellish game ended. But I think he has feelings for Jane, which throws me for a loop. I wish he could just say what he wants. Just thinking of my fingers running through his golden hair, and our eyes meet, t-then we-. By now my face was engulfed in red. 'Thank God no one is here to see how embarrassing this is.' 

Suddenly, a knock on the door. "FUCK!" I tripped making the hot coco powder fall all over me. Then I'm face to face, or uh, face to feet, with Dirk. I shriek, and I feel my face immediately turn even more red then it already was. Dirk looks down and says, "Yo English, you okay there, pal?" I got up (with the help of Dirk.) I could feel my face heat up and for some reason, Dirk's cheeks were turning red. Oh, we're still holding hands. That's why. I looked down at my shirt. "Gadzooks, looks like I need to change my shirt. I'm quite the mess." I slip my hands out of Dirk's as I make my way to my room.

I get out the sweater Roxy had given me for my most recent Birthday and threw it on, when I here a knock at my room door. "Come in!" I said. Dirk was on the other side of the threshold, holding his jacket. He looked upset so I asked, "What's wrong, chap?" He blushed as he said, "Why are you wearing Roxy's sweater?" 'Was he jealous that I wasn't wearing something that he gave me?" My face was tinted a slight red as I said, "Would you like me to change it?" He just nodded his head yes. I took my sweater off. Now to find something Dirk had given me. I think I might have worn all of them this week. Oops. I shivered as goosebumps formed on my skin due to the cold draft let in by the open room door. Out of no where I feel a sweater put over my shoulders. "You looked cold. If you'd like, you can wear my sweater." Dirk said. He looked so cute as he said it, I couldn't resist.

Jake, be Dirk

You can not be Dirk because Dirk is to embarrassed to focus enough for you to even be him.

Well, that was a complete waste of time.

Jake, continue to be Jake.

I threw the sweater on, and I know this sounds awfully weird but, it had Dirks scent all over it. I could have just stood there and bask in his glorious smell. But I'm not a creep. "Yo English, do you wanna go ice skating? Just me and you?" I didn't want to question it, I would have immediately said yes. But instead I said, "But, what about the girls? They'll want to know where we are at?" He gives me a smile and replied, "Who cares." I thought to myself, 'Who does care? Because I sure as hell don't.'  I nodded my head in acceptance and put my jacket on and a green scarf. We walked to the kitchen to make sure that the stove was off. After that, it was time to venture out into the city. I locked my door and held on to Dirk's hand.

Jake, try to be Dirk

It worked! You are now Dirk Strider, a badass who is gonna try to score with Jake. Hopefully, you don't embarrass yourself into oblivion and can't ever show your face to any of your friends ever again.

Don't fuck this up...

Jake pulled his hand away, as if he did something wrong. I wanted to tell him that I liked it, but that sounded weird so, instead I threw my arms around his waist and pulled him closer. It was currently 6:15 so, we had about 6 hours to kill. 6 hours should be enough, right? To kiss Jake at least. A kiss at 12 would be perfect. Just us two.

For the 20 min we were walking, we barley talked. I wonder if he is having the same thoughts I was having. I said, "The rink is like, right around this corner." As we made our way around the corner, we were met with a very bright light coming from the giant tree, adorned with colorful lights.

We rented our skates and entered the rink. The only problem is, I don't know how to skate... Jake in the other hand is pretty fucking good at it. He was so... perfect. I was holding on to the edge of the rink to keep my balance when, Jake took both of my hands. He was skating backwards as he held my hands tight so, I wouldn't fall. I looked down the whole time amazed at the fact that I didn't fall but, I took a glance up. Jake was looking at me with a cute little smile on his face. Then, like the fuck up I am I fell. On top of Jake......'FUCK!'

He started to laugh which, made me laugh. Within the next few minutes we were dying of laughter, on the freezing ice. It was great. He got up and pulled me up afterwards. He then said, "You okay you fell pretty hard?" I replied, "Pfffft! What, I meant to do that. If anything, you made me fall with that dork smile." He didn't say anything. 'Fuck. What did I do?' I don't mean to be harsh, it's just something us Striders do.

We started to skate again. Jake, with his badass skills, skated circles around me. I decided to get a pair and say, "Jake, could you hold my hand, so I don't fall?" He just looked at me. 'FUUUUCK!'  To my surprise, he held my hand. And we talked and fell and everything kinda just, happened.

We spent 2 hours at the rink, 2 hours at different stores looking at clothing and, 1 hour at a coffee shop. '1 hour to go.'  For the remaining hour, we walked around the city. The lights baffled me. It was 11:45. I was nervous and Jake seemed nervous as well. He just started to blush a lot which, made me blush.

11:55. I set a timer so we wouldn't miss the "big count down." I gripped his hand and he gripped mine. In sync we said "10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1." I kissed him.

Dirk, be Jake

Passed Jake at least. So, now we can time travel. Great.

You are now Jake English from like 15 minutes ago.

It was currently 11:45. I was extremely nervous,.I hope Dirk couldn't see me blush. Oh my gosh, this is embarrassing, I gripped Dirk's hand as the time grew nearer. It was 11:55. '5 minutes.' I was freaking myself out. 'What if he doesn't even like me? I would be risking a good friendship and embarrassing myself out of this world!' We started to count down "10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1." Dirk turned me to face him, then he kissed me. I didn't think much of it, but this is what I've been wanting for for a long time. He pulled away and said, "Happy New Year." I responded, "Happy New Year." "Hey Jake, will you go out with me?" I felt my heart leap into my throat as I said, "I would be glad to be your boyfriend." "Hey Jake.... I love you." I hugged him "I love you too."

(Author: I'm such an awful person. New Year was like a million years ago, but enjoy this FantaSprite one shot I worked "hard" on it... <3)