Prologue

(Troye's P.O.V.)

Another sigh leaves my lips. I feel the cold breath rush out between my teeth as if my trembling excuse of a body is the uttermost least desired place to be, and suddenly I find myself relating to my very own breath. What I mess I've become. What an absolute mess.

I sigh for the umpteenth time today as I pick myself up and abandon my place on the icy floor of my despised apartment. Yes, I hate it here. Memories attack my mind no matter where I look. Memories of moments and times I would do anything to forget.

But going outside isn't exactly a dream of mine either. Simply the thought of spending time with other people has me panicking. The look on their faces as they lay their eyes on me. I can almost hear the thoughts; look at that disgusting little boy with his skinny arms and gray skin and his cuts of weakness, oh how I hate that boy!

It might sound unrealistic and possibly very over-dramatic to you but to me I honestly cannot think of anything more likely going through their minds as they look at little me.

Yet, here I am, going outside, socializing. I was even convinced to meet two new people. I don't know how Hannah did it. Maybe because she's my best friend (aka one of the only people I can stand being around). Or maybe I'm just feeling extra wild today. Who's to say?

****

"Troye?" I hear the familiar voice say in a slightly worried tone, something that has become a typical thing over last few months.

"Ingrid, hey," I manage to croak out as I enter the little house, and I feel my body being gathered in warmth as if a faint spark inside of me was ignited by the welcoming hug of the brunette girl in front of me.
"How are you?"

She smiles at me, annoyingly comforting.
"I'm good, how are you managing?"

"Okay, I guess," I answer, slightly annoyed that she feels the need to baby me, but also very appreciative because God knows I need it.

She welcomes me inside and I greet Hannah, getting more and more anxious about meeting the new people, afraid of what they're going to think. Stop it, Troye. If they hate you, at least there's something you can agree on.

"Tyler and Connor will be here any second," I hear Hannah announce.
Tyler and Connor.
My head is spinning and my stomach flips every other second. Though, as much as I might wish it to be, this is not an excited kind of flip.

Then I hear a knock on the door. And my stomach drops.

Calm down, calm down. These are Hannah and Ingrid's friends, they'll never hurt you. Hangrid said you'll love them.

I take a deep breath and open my eyes after I hurriedly closed them as my only escape from the reality before my eyes.
There they are. Two young men, about my age. Despite being the same age, they seem so much more like men than I do. Strongly built, not necessarily muscly but definitely more than myself; a living, breathing skeleton.
They both have brown hair; one a little darker, the other one in a quiff.
Both of them are cute. Scratch that - they look adorable.

Soft features, charming smiles, and sparkling blue and green eyes meet mine, and for a moment I forget about my worries - but that all crumbles as the boy with the darker hair and beautiful green eyes speak up.

"Hi, you must be Troye. I'm Connor."
A hand is held out, all eyes are on me, and the anxiety comes rushing back like a tsunami wave.
A moment pass before I ever so gently pick up my shaking hand and place it in his.
"Hi."

My nervous appearance must have seemed funny since the other guy - Tyler, I suppose - let out a giggle. Where I would normally run away in fear of hatred, Tyler's laugh seem to calm me a bit, perhaps due to its adorable nature, and when
he reaches out and introduces himself, I don't hesitate to take his hand.

******************

HEY HI HELLO
Yea, that's a thing that just happened, cool. Basically, if you didn't already know, my name is Victoria, you may call me tori, whatever. I just started this story and I'm oh so very sorry for the awkward ending but yanno.
This story is based on Happy Little Pill, BLUE, and COOL by Troye Sivan. Each chapter (besides from the prologue and the epilogue) is going to be one of those songs AND the main characters (Connor, Troye, and Tyler) will be based on each of those songs. HOPE THAT CLEARED THINGS UP IF MY DESCRIPTION DIDNT MAKE SENSE.
I would like to dedicate this chapter to MariahLino because she helped me come up with this idea aaaaand she is also just a very wonderful human and I love her a lot, y'all should go check out her stories because they're  g r e a t.
I guess that's it for this A/N.
I love you a lot, if you would want to maybe share this story that would mean the world to me and TORI SHUT UP ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
(I'm sorry)

FOLLOW ME ON THE TWITTER THING : @imokfttroyler

GOODBYE HUMANS, hopefully I'll see you again soon <3