Part 1

Thea awoke quickly and painfully. Her head throbbed before she even hit the ground but now she had to snap back to reality. She was still in yesterday's clothes lying on the floor below the sofa she had slept on waiting for her dad to come home. She stared at the empty beer bottles and groaned remembering the night before. If she wasn't careful she'd end up like her dad.

Slowly thea dragged herself off the floor and grabbed the bottles throwing them from the kitchen window and watching them smash in the bin below her flat. It had been 12 hours since she's seen her dad so she knew that he was definitely going to be abusive when he got back.

Suddenly the door burst open and her dad toppled into the small flat. His eyes were bloodshot and he couldn't put one foot in front of the other. His small eyes caught sight of her and as thea tried to escape into the bathroom, he grabbed her arm and knocked her to the floor. Then he started kicking her in the rips as she weakly tried to push his foot away. This only made things worse as with a sudden sense of finality, his foot smashed into her jaw.

Thea pulled herself into the bathroom with tears and blood all over her face. All she did was grab a hair band and climb out of the window and onto the fire escape. She tried the best she could to get rid of the blood and tears from her face and pulled her into a ponytail. The amount of times she'd done this made it easy for thea to find her way through the streets until she found the little park.

It was her favourite place. Closed off but yet also so open. Like just a little peak into the people's lives so thea could watch the people around her wonder about them, rather than if she was going to have to spend a night on a bench or whether she could sneak in without her dad noticing. She was 24 and still felt like a 16 year old.

Thea was rocking on her swing watching a pair of sisters share a slightly melted chocolate bar, when she felt a small tap on her side. A little girl with extra ordinary long blonde hair and deep brown eyes pointed at the swing. She was very cute but looked very young, only about three and she couldn't see any parents. Thea got up off the swing and lent against the frame.

The little girl pulled at the swing and tried to jump on but could quite reach.

"Need some help there?" Thea asked in her soft 'kid voice' like the one she used when she used to babysit. The girls eyes widened and she slowly nodded. Thea gently picked the girl up and placed on the swing. Suddenly the girl came alive and giggled swinging her legs and almost fell off the back of thea hadn't pushed her back in time.

"Copeland, Copeland where are you?" Frantic yelling could be heard from the other side of the small park as a dark haired man came running around followed by two boys. He caught sight of her and she raised an eyebrow looking from him to the girl on the swing. Noticing the girl, he bounded up to them and wished the girl off the swing and into his arms.

"I didn't lose her." Was the first thing he said.

"I can see that" she laughed and the little girl laughed with her in the that cute little girl way.

He looked at the girl and smiled "okay maybe I did but we were playing hide and seek!" he sounded indignant "anyway, I'm Kellin and this is my daughter Copeland."

"Nice to meet you." He looked too young to have had kids. He still seemed youthful and of course she couldn't deny he was very good looking in way that dads just weren't. "My name is thea."

"Nice to meet you and thank you for looking after my kid."

"No problem," she smiled but suddenly stopped, wincing in pain as her jaw had started to bruise and some blood could still be on her face.

"Are you okay. That looks like a pretty bad bruise." He asked concern in his eyes.

"It's nothing I just fell." Thea looked awkwardly at him and she could tell he didn't buy it but still he just looked at her and went

"Okay well if you're sure. I need to get going but it was nice to meet you" he said smiling at her. He was gorgeous.

"Bye. Bye Copeland." She smiled waving at her. Slowly he turned around steering Copeland and the two boys away, not looking back. Thea slumped onto the swing and noticed the little girls ribbon on the floor. She picked it up and pocketed it. As the sun went down she decided to head towards her friends apartment to crash for the night. But all she could think about was the little girl and her dad.

A/N
Thank you for reading (if anyone does) please feel free to leave a comment or something. Please vote and yeah hi.