ch3

I decided to think of Arianna as Selena Gomez. If that's not ok with you, just imagine her as someone else. (also, if in some of the gifs she looks a lil younger, just imagine her as older Sel.)

ARI

---

I dash down the hall, wearing only one shoe, with my papers flying everywhere. I cannot miss this meeting. I skid to a halt at the last door in the long hall, which is adorned with the plaque 'COLOMBIA RECORDS: VP' in a bold font. I knock on the door rapidly, hopping on one foot to put my other shoe on. If I lose this chance because of those four boys, I swear to God, I'll...I'll sue their British asses. The door opens, and out steps the vice-president of the label, a tall, powerful woman who seems to only buy her pantsuits in black.  She brushes by me, and I scramble after her, trying to keep her pace as she strides down the hallway.

"Ms. York, I am assuming?" She says to me over her shoulder, not bothering to stop walking.

"Yes, ma'm, and I'd like to deeply, totally apologize for being late, I had car troubles and -"

"Car troubles? Oh, Ms. York, you're going to need to do better than that." She gives a malicious laugh. 

"No, really, I did! I also ran into some of your clients in the hall. Literally!"   I say exasperatedly, gesturing down the hall with flailing hands. I could literally feel the job slipping from my grasp. 

"Oh, and let me guess, you stopped for an autograph?" She says coldly, tapping away on her phone.

"No, I -"

As we reach the elevator, she turns to me, and meets my hopeful gaze. "Look, Ms. York, I can see that you're a very aspiring young women, who hasn't yet found her footing. I'm sorry, but you missed your meeting, and right now I have somewhere much more important to be. As much as I'd love to hear your flimsy excuses, you don't have time for a second chance. So, I suggest that you find your footing someplace else." And with that final blow, she steps onto the elevator, taps a button, and is distracted by her nails as the doors slide closed in my face. 

My heart sinks down to my feet, as I see only my rejected reflection in the elevator door. 

"So, I guess that's a no on the job, then?"

---