Innocent

Hello all of Wattpad!! Before anyone throws a book about copyright at me, I want to say that this is my work! All of this is on my fanfiction account! All of it is mine except the song and characters of course. All of the stuff I changed in the song will be bolded! The rest will be in quotes and italics showing that I don't own the song. I had problems with this on fanfiction.net which is why I'm saying this now. Disclaimer: I do not own Innocent by Taylor Swift or any of the Divergent characters! If I did I would probably be living in a mansion. XD I suggest you listen to the song up above first, but you can do whatever. Without further ado, I give you, Innocent!

Tris' POV

I was on my way back to the dorms after dinner. No one was in there except a large figure sitting upright on a bunk. The figure's shoulders were slouched, the only sound emitting from it was small sniffles. The figure was Al.

I didn't spare him another seconds glance as I turned on my heel and began walking towards my own bunk. I heard a mattress squeaking so I turned again facing Al who was already looking at me. He looked horrible. Tears were in his puffy brown eyes and were streaming down his soft cheeks. His eyes held so much pain, so much guilt that I had to force myself to not go over there and comfort him.

All I could think about were his eyes as laid on my bed. They were so broken it hurt me significantly to even think about them. Why though? I asked myself. Why do you still care so much about the bastard that tried to kill you? Tried to topple you over the chasm like a rag doll, helping Peter and Drew commit murder?! Is it because he was once my friend? No. I knew it wasn't that. Is it because I lo-

No. No. Don't even think about finishing that thought. There is no way in hell I love that... that coward! I'm supposed to hate him, supposed to enjoy seeing him so.. so broken. Right?

I sigh and look up to the ceiling. I start to remember a time long ago when I did something criminal but was forgiven.

*FLASHBACK*

I was 15 and walking home from school. I had stayed late to help the janitor clean the cafeteria like a good little abnegation girl, so I missed the afternoon bus. I heard a noise behind me. Two Erudites wearing evil sneers stood there.

Oh no. The Erudites have been giving the Abnegation an especially tough time since Tobias Eaton left a year ago. This was going to be trouble.

The first Erudite walked up to me. He was tall, slim, wearing a loose blue collared shirt with khaki pants. "Stiff! Hey Stiff! On your way home Stiff? Why weren't you on the bus, huh? Stalling to get home to daddy? Huh Stiff?" He snorted. By now of course my fists were clenched and I was counting to 10 like my mother always told me to do. You see, I have a really, really, bad temper. I've tried to hide it from my family, but my mom caught me punching my pillow repeatedly because an Erudite told me about how they thought Abnegation was hoarding all the food rather than giving it to the Factionless.

The second knows stepped up to me. Unlike his friend he was short and chunky. Wearing a dark blue tee-shirt with jeans. He pulled a camera out of his pocket. "Stiff, do you mind if you pull your shirt up? Jeanine would probably praise me personally if I got video proof that Abnegation is nothing but a dirty, no good, selfish sorry excuse of a faction." They both whispered the last couple words in my ears.

By now I was seething and seeing all red. How dare they? How fucking dare they? My muscles tensed and I was seeing red. I could taste the blood in my mouth from biting my lips and the feel of it in my hands as my nails dug into my palms.

I tried as hard as I could to just breathe. In and out. That's what mother told me. It wasn't working. I was about to lose my myself to a whirlwind of fury. What the skinny boy said next pushed me over the edge.