The Lost Boy

The lost boy wandered outside, hands shoved in his pockets. It had been months since he had last seen her. He could barely remember the way her face lit up as she smiled, or the way her silver hair had shone in the sun. 

He missed the feeling of her skin under his hands and the feeling of her lips against his. He missed the sound of her laugh, the sound of her voice as she said his name. He missed her. He missed every part of her to the core of his being. He missed her so much that it buzzed through his veins with each pump of his heart. A heart that he still couldn't believe had lasted this long without her.

Every breath he breathed he wished was one more that she would've been able to take instead. He wished that he had had more time with her. Even if just to listen to her breathing on the other line for a few moments longer. Even if just for enough time to tell her he loved her again, even if she  couldn't hear him.

It had broken the Caelestibus boy to make the decision he had made.  Dexter had brought back his own significant other, but because he knew how painful it was to live with loss of your sister, you twin, on your shoulders. A pain that Dexter still lived with each passing day that Reya was still dead. He forgave Dexter, as Dexter knew he would. Of course he forgave him, he would have made the same decision.

The boy still threw punches at his wall when the pain became too much. She was his first friend in a world where his memories were wiped from his mind. She loved him when he thought that the confidence that had been taken from him would make it so that know one would spare him a second glance. She was his light in a world of confusion and now...well now he was lost in a world of darkness.

He had known that Ellie was giving him false hope, even if she hadn't known it herself. He still sat in bed, unable to fall asleep so nights, imaging what life would be like if the false hope had turned out to be worth hoping after all. However, the other side of his bed was still cold at night. She wasn't there. She wouldn't be coming back.

The walks over to a tree and sits down at the base of its trunk before leaning against it. He stared up at the green leaves, fully alive, hanging tauntingly above him. He squeezes his eyes shut, trying to fight off another wave a pain crashes through him, threatening to break down his walls that have kept him sane.

"Oliver?" The voice is no more than a mere whisper, almost getting lost in the wind, but it's enough to make the boy's eyes snap open at its simple familiarity. He had been so sure of so many things in life, but he couldn't be more sure about this.

"Reya," he breathed.