Chapter 10

Shadow Walking. I am learning how to control it. During all last week Erik was been teaching me how to control this ability. And apparently other abilities I never even though possible for me to do. All of which are centered around our season which is Christmas. We have the ability to control snow and all that is related to snow, like water, ice, wind and earth. There is also the ability to walk through walls. Which is the only power that only the Claus's possess. Since that power is the one Santa or as I recently learned prefers to be called Noel, uses to bring the children their gifts. Another thing I recently learned it's that Guardians have ability to talk to each other mentally. Which explains all of the conversations mom and dad had while only looking to each other without opening their mouths. Which I had always thought they had finally lost it and went crazy.

Today is the fourteenth and Erik has been staying with us for the last week. And we have been getting closer and getting to know each other. The most important thing I have learned about him is that he is extremely sweet and protective, also that he cares a lot about other people and that he spends most of his time in the orphanage near his home playing with the children there. But when I bring up his family he always closes off and changes the conversation. I just hope that one day he will trust me enough to talk freely about it but I won't push him about it.

Clarissa has still to make an appearance. White is a good thing, trust me I am not complaining one bit. Except for the extensive training Erik has been giving me. He says we have to train harder because there has not been any Descendant activity and that they are probably planning to do something big. And thus we are currently on the training room located in our basement. Which I had no idea even existed but Dad told him about it.

-Let's go Corina! Come on, look alive!

I Just look at Erik as he says this with a blank look on my face.

-We have been at this for four hours! Give me a break!

I tell him out of breath since I am still doing laps around the room.

-Fine five minutes.

He tells me and I just throw myself into the floor which thank God is covered in a foam mat and didn't hurt. I listen to his footsteps get closer to me then sit down next to where my face is currently lying flat down on the floor. He moves my hair away from the corner of my eyes so I can look at him. And that's when I notice the grin he is wearing on his handsome face. Damn him for looking so good, while I look like a cat that was just forced to take a bath except instead of water I am drenched in sweat.

-Are you okay?

He asks me with a chuckle. I raise my head just to stick out my tongue at him then I lower it again and say

-What do you think? Jerk.

He laughs then lies down next to me with his face next to mine and then he places a kiss on my cheek.

-I'm sorry for going so hard on you. I just want you to be at your best when we go up against the Descendants. I know you are already a kick ass fighter. But I want you not only to be prepared physically but also mentally and emotionally. They tend to play mind games and if you aren't mentally tough you are a goner.

I turn my head in his direction and give him a small smile and I sit up and he does the same then I say

-I know. I'm sorry too. I'm being difficult. It's just that all of this is new to me. This is a whole new world that I never even thought existed and now I'm right in the middle of it. And I'm scared that I won't be able to beat them when I go face to face against them.

He places me between his legs with my back against his chest and hugs me from behind then places his head on my shoulder and leaves it there while he speaks

-I know the change is hard. But things get easier with time. I also know that you are a tough girl and no one can break you down not even the Descendants. And I am also scared. I'm scared of many things. But the one I'm most afraid of is losing you. So I want both of us to be at our best when we go up against them. That's why I've been so hard on you during training. But you are going great so I think we should now work on your powers. What do you think?

I turn my face towards his with a giant grin on my face and nod enthusiastically. He chuckles and gets up then offers me his hand to help me up.

-Okay, first thing first controlling snow and anything related to it. See that cup of water over there?

I look towards where he is pointing and see the cup on a table on the other side of the room. So I nod at him.

-Bring it over.

I raise my eyebrow at him and roll my eyes before walking over there but his hand stops me.

-With your mind.

I just stare at him and ask

-How do I do that?

-Put your hand out and just focus on the water not the cup. Picture it moving. imagine it traveling from that side of the room into your hands.

-Okay I can do this.

I blow out a breath and begin to concentrate on the water. I put my hand out just like he instructed and point it towards the cup. The cup begins to shake and I smile when the cup move a bit closer to us.

-Ok now make sure you don't drop it. Just focus.

I move my hand a little towards me and the cup follows the movement now being only a couple of feet away from us. So I move my arm towards my body and the cup follows. When the cup is only a foot away from me I extend my other arm and pick it up.

-I did it!

I laugh and turn to Erik only to find him looking admirably at me with a smile on his face and says

-Great job. Now let's try the other powers.