Chapter 1

Adande unlocked the front door in a hurry. Even though he was 15, he still got spooked. Especially when a man in a black trench coat was following him. Adande slammed the door shut and his mom came down the stairs.

"Who was it? What's wrong?" Adande's mom, Loran, asked.

Should he tell her? Na.... he didn't want to worry her, especially when his mom was balancing several jobs to pay for their crappy apartment.

"Nothing... just a chill." Adande muttered as he shed his forest green parka on a bar chair.

Loran nodded slowly, as if she didn't believe him.

"Well, dinners ready." Loran said. "Steak and potatoes. Your favorite."

Adande smiled. His mom could make a mean steak.

"Alright Mom." Adande said as he sat down to eat.

LATER

Adande sat in the living room while his mom washed the dishes. He checked his phone, and like usual, he only had a few texts. One of which by Lilly.

Lilly: Hey Adande! Want to do a video with me sometime? :)

Adande smiled. Lilly was nice enough.

Adande: Sure, what's the video about?

Lilly was about to answer when somebody knocked on the door.

"Adande, can you get that?" Loran asked, elbow deep in soapy water.

"Sure Mom." Adande said, sliding the phone into his pocket.

Adande opened the heavy wooden door to the same mysterious stranger that had followed his earlier.

Adande swallowed hard, and he tried not to stutter.

"Hi. Who are you?" Adande blurted.

"Adande! That was rude. I'm sorry for my son's manners." Loran scolded sternly. 

"But um yes, who are you?" Loran asked curiously.

"You know who I am Loran." The man said gruffly. He lifted his head up. Loran gasped.

"Ok, who in the horses hay is this?" Adande asked loudly.

"He's your uncle.." Loran said in shock. She slowly walked over to the couch and flopped on it.

"And this is shocking how? Hey Uncle Howie." Adande said putting his hand up for a highfive.

"That's not Howie." Said Loran.

Adande's brow furrowed.

"Uncle Dirk?"

The mysterious man shook his head.

"Then who?" Adande asked.

"I'm - I'm your Uncle Reymond."

Adande rolled his eyes.

"As if. Uncle Reymond died when I was a baby. Mom told me, isn't that right Mom?"

"I thought he did.... but I guess not." Loran mumbled.

"Are you serious Mom? Reymond is dead, he died in an explosion during the war. It was all over the news, ask the police, they'll tell you. They never found the body Mom."

"They never found the body because the body was never dead." The man chuckled. "I'm Reymond, and I have the toes and birthmark to prove it."

"Reymond had a big star birthmark on his back. And he had four toes instead of five. On his right foot I think. Dirk used to call him Righty Reymond." Said Loran, whom was smiling slightly.

"Well look here." Reymond lifted his shirt up. "A star birthmark."

"And the toes?" Said Adande stiffly.

Reymond smiled and lifted hid foot out of his shoe. There were indeed only four toes.

"Impossible.. It's Reymond!" Loran sobbed as she pulled Reymond into a bear hug.

"But why did you come?" Said Adande as he crossed his arms.

"To ask you to join the servicemen on America." Said Reymond, also crossing his arms.

"Like in the army?" Adande asked.

"Nope. Like in the secret servicemen. As in spies."