Chapter 1

MEGAN SILVERSTON
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I slowly squint my eyes to the bright light that radiates in the dark room. What time is it? I think to myself as I crawl to the alarm clock across my queen size bed. 2:35am "ugh" I groan while closing back my eyes it's too early.

As I open my eyes again I see the TV illuminating the light throughout the room. "And just last night the basketball MVP was announced as Mathew Hart." The young hip announcer said. Turning her head towards the famous young star she congratulated Mathew.

"Thank you Ms. Young-"

"Please, call me Bethany."

"Ok, Bethany thank you for that wonderful introduction." He repeated huskily. I zone out everything after that and check out the famous basketball star.

His skin is a light brown color coming from his roots from both Africa and Europe. He stands about 6' 5'' from what I can tell next to the reporter. He has light brown eyes and a slightly darker shade of hair. And let me tell you he looks HOT in that suit. Ew what am I thinking?

I shut off the TV and crawl back under my soft comforter and quickly fall into a deep sleep.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ugh I think. Let me sleep!

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Go away! I yell in my head

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Finally I open my eyes and slam my hand down on the source of the noise which happens to be my alarm clock. 8:15.

Damn it! I'm late. I roll out of my bed and rush into my closet. "What to wear today? What to wear?" I repeatedly mumble to myself.

Finally my eyes land on a pair of gray skinny jeans and a black high fashion tank top.

I run out and quickly brush my hair and teeth. I splash some water onto my face and dry it off with a towel just sitting on my counter. I then quickly apply some natural makeup. Which consists of foundation, blush, mascara, and a tiny bit of eyeliner.

Looking into the mirror I'm finally satisfied with what I look like and I skip out of my bathroom into my living room and sit down. I grab my phone and check the time. 8:45 damn it! I forgot I'm late. I grab my leather jacket and my black booties then run out the door. I hop in my car and realize I forgot my car keys upstairs in my apartment.

I run up the three flights of stairs in record time and back down into my warm car again. Off to work.

MATHEW HART
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Why the fuck am I doing an interview at 2:30 in the morning?! The answer, my shit manager sucks and doesn't know that I need my sleep to play. Whatever, I put on my smile and face the camera. The announcer goes on about me getting MVP. Then finally she says, "Congrats Mathew."

"Thank you Ms. Young-" I try to say but she cuts me off with, "Please call me Bethany."

"Ok, Bethany thank you for that wonderful introduction." I start. Then I do what I always do and go off on why I succeed and thank people. I know I sound ungrateful but really I am so grateful it's just can you blame me it's fucking two forty-five am who wants to be up?

After I finish the camera shuts off and I remove my fake smile. The reporter who I think is named Bethany comes up to me and purrs, "You did a great job tonight."

"Thanks." I mumble while pushing her off of my arm.

She tries again, "You are great on the court I wonder how you are in bed." Does this woman not get the clue that I'm not interested?

"Um sorry but I got to go.." I walk away leaving the whore behind.

Call me a pussy but I'm a hopeless romantic. I wasn't always though, I slept around a lot in high school, major player. But I've changed... Or something changed me.

PEOPLE IN CHAPTER(MAIN)
MEGAN SILVERSTON- 26, Bartender
MATHEW HART- 27, Pro Basketball Player,
BETHANY YOUNG- reporter, slut, 29

A/N
Hey guys I'm Kate. This is my first book so I'm not that experienced sorry. Tell me what you think of the first chapter. Are any of you guys wondering what changed Mathews view on love? One last thing PLEASE DON'T BE A SILENT READER!!!! I love feedback so please give me some, good or bad, I don't care.
Love you guys 💞