extended summary + playlist

« extended summary »

Noel Evans has had her heart broken every New Year's Eve. When her best friend drags her to a New Year's party, she's not expecting much.

The countdown begins, and time is running out.

And then Jack Bennett showed up, and New Year's was more hopeful than it had ever been before.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Throughout the years, New Year's has always ended up disappointing Noel. Her heart always ends up broken. Tired of having to put it back together, she decides to simply spend New Year's with her best friend, Casey.

But then Casey decides to go to the New Year's party, the only one that the North Hill High kids consider going to. In an effort to stick to her "friends-eve" plan, she goes with her.

It's there that she runs into Jack Bennett, the good-looking guy on the edge of the popular crowd.

He also happens to be her ex-best friend, and the guy she's crushed on since forever.

As the countdown goes on, they talk. But when midnight comes, Noel has no idea what to expect.

She only hopes that she can keep her mended heart in one piece.

© Sadie Marsh, 2015

DISCLAIMER: Noel is my intellectual property.  Any and all similarities to real persons or events are coincidences.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

« playlist »

i. life of the party ⋆ shawn mendes
ii. the night is still young ⋆ nicki minaj
iii. all our lives ⋆ andrew mcmahon in the wilderness
iv. we'll be the stars ⋆ sabrina carpenter
v. headphones ⋆ matt nathanson (feat. lolo)
vi. between the raindrops ⋆ lifehouse (feat. natasha bedingfield)
vii. it's time ⋆ imagine dragons
viii. wait for it ⋆ original cast of hamilton
ix. renegades ⋆ x ambassadors
x. fire n gold ⋆ bea miller