A New Years' Sad Story - My Emperor is Not Absolute

Akashi and [Name] were deeply in love with each other. [Name] first met him on a party when they're just 8 years old. She knew almost everything about him, his strict father, his loving and kind late mother, the Kiseki no Sedai, and his personality that changed during end of middle school. But, [Name] stayed with him, when he needed her the most. Eventually, Akashi's back to the way he was, asked [Name] to be his girlfriend, which she accepts happily. They spent their college years together.

But, fate is really cruel to both of them...

All started when they decided to take a walk on summer festival. They spotted a fortune teller stall, the stall is covered with black curtains, seemed so private. [Name] got curious, so they decided to approach the stall.

"Ne...ne.."

"What's wrong, [First Name]?" He asked while smiling. His smile is so gentle to her.

"Sei-chann, let's go to that stand! I want to know my future. It should be fun and interesting!" [Name] grinned happily.

"Sure, anything for my empress." Akashi patted [Name]'s head softly.

"Hey! Quit that Sei! I'm not a kid anymore!" [Name] pouted.

"I am abso-"

"Yeah..yeah...I know you are absolute, my midget emperor." She sticked her tounge in front of him.

Honestly, only [Name]'s capable doing that to him. If other people.... (Imagine his reaction :p)

"What did you say?" Akashi smirked in front of her.

"Midg-"

He suddenly kissed her on the lips to shut her up.

"O-okay, that's enough Sei, I lost" [Name] said while blushing.

"I am absolute, as always."

After that short lovey-dovey session, they went to that fortune teller stall, Akashi insisted to let [Name] enter first, because she was the one who want to meet the fortune teller in the first place.

"Oh my! You're Madam [Random Name]! I'm so honored to finally meet you in person!" [Name] smiled at the fortune teller.

"Hello dear, how can I help you?"

"Madam, I heard from my friends that you're famous for your accuracy in fortune telling. I really want to know my future." [Name] smiled kindly at the old fortune teller

"I see... Lend me your hand, dear... I'll read your fortune."

"Sure.."

She read [Name]'s fortune, but she seemed to be a bit surprised. She didn't thought that pretty girl like [Name] should went some hardships that would make her really sad.

"W-what's wrong, madam? Is that r-really bad?"

"I...."

"Madam! Please tell me! I will do anything to avoid my bad future!"

"[Full Name], please listen carefully dear, your future can't be changed. I'm just an old fortune teller. But, based on what I read from your palm, there'll be a year full of mourning in your life. Sadly, you will lost one of your most important person. You will spent a year mourning for that person. It's okay to not believe that. I hope that won't happen too.." The fortune teller said, feeling sorry for the girl.